NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe one of you guys or girls can help me out. during the past weekend, it was hella rainy, and well, my car went over what i thought was a puddle. nope. it was more like a damn river. my cold air intake took in some water and now my car make a ****ty knocking sound. i know i need to replace the motor, does anyone know a good auto repair shop in the area (anywhere close to Montague/Zanker is preferred) and won't kill me in costs, cause i really rather have my insurance fix the car than give me a cash settlement for the car.. any suggestions???

·
Banned
1,986 Posts
maybe one of you guys or girls can help me out. during the past weekend, it was hella rainy, and well, my car went over what i thought was a puddle. nope. it was more like a damn river. my cold air intake took in some water and now my car make a ****ty knocking sound. i know i need to replace the motor, does anyone know a good auto repair shop in the area (anywhere close to Montague/Zanker is preferred) and won't kill me in costs, cause i really rather have my insurance fix the car than give me a cash settlement for the car.. any suggestions???
Damn you actually hydrolocked? The filter has to be completely submerged for that to happen, well river > puddle. :O Theres a shop in Fremont that my aunt and me take our cars to for repairs and maintenance.

Kersy Auto Repair
37503 Glenmoor Dr
Fremont, CA 94536
(510) 795-1023

The owners name is Simon and hes an honest guy who knows his stuff, give him a call and say Jeremiah with the black Honda Civic Si hatchback reffered you.

*I know its not in San Jose but Fremont aint too far away and his shop will take care of you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
:wave:

I can do it...but the car would need to be in Sacramento.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scary situation. I know I was really worried while driving for 4hrs+ in the storm, somehow my CAI survived.

I don't know any places that would help in this situation. Good luck though.
your good, as long as you don't hit large puddles. i've had the cai since '04 and nothing has happened, drove in crazy weather too and nothing.... until now.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
This is why I don't plan on having a CAI in my MR2, other than the fact that I will gain nearly nothing from installing it. Good luck with the repairs, dude. Hope they won't be too costly for your wallet. :eek::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.