NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is mainly for my peeps over here on the east coast. Springmans Paint and Killer Kustoms in Muncy, PA is the shop that sponsored me for my doors as most of you know. Carexess is selling their modded Celi kit for 1700 in the GB section and I think this is WAY overpriced compared to what I paid for mine. I just Spoke w/ Mark over at Springmans and he said he will do the kit, MODDED for 1400 and beat any install price you can find around you!!! Now, carexess' kit is a "true bolt on" as they call it. Springmans kit uses 4 instead of 8 bolts, but they also weld the kit to ensure durability and long lasting strength. Many people have seen my doors and they can tell you, that my doors are VERY strong and will not fall apart, EVER! I just wanted to throw this out there for those who are interested....

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, and Springmans has the kits in stock. It'll be another 3 weeks before decah gets anymore in.....so if people are looking to do this and have a shop install them. I think Springmans is the way to go

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
We spoke about this yesterday. Give me a total price and lets start making arrangements (if your boys have the damn thing in stock). I am sick of the frustration of all the damn frustration I'm getting out of my whole situation.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
_J, you need to bring your Cell to work w/ you man!!! Mark won't sell the kit to anyone...He's not in this to give Carexess work. This is an offer through his shop

·
Registered
880 Posts
wIL,

So he finally has them in stock. My car has been up there for over 2 weeks because he said he was hving trouble getting the kit in. The reason why mine is still there is that one side was screwed up and he had to order more. Man how the hell do you get a hold of him. I can never talk to him.

Jamey

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe he is still waiting on the new air shock for your hinge Jamey. For some reason it was bad and would just calapse. I never have a prob. talking to him.....

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rich, Good News!! Mark said that he would ship the modded hinge to the west coast. He said that anyone on the West Coast or Mid West or whatever can give him a call and he can give you the details for the hinges. His shop # is 570-546-9467. If it just rings, try back again. He sometimes misses the phone w/ all the noise in the shop and all.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
So if somebody (not from the east coast) bought from the shop you are dealing with they would have to find somebody to install the kit, weld it on, roll the fenders etc.... and that would cost them at least $400-$3000 for the install alone.... would it not be cheaper to get the bolt on kit and just have the fenders rolled and install the kit on their own?? I'm not trying to flame you in anyway... I think it's great that you are helping other celica owners to get in on this... but correct me if I'm wrong your deal seems to benefit those on the east coast more than those on the west. If people wanted the kit you are offering and lived by you they would be dumb not to get it at your shop.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Phatceli:

1) The GB was by CAC NOT carexcess.

2) decah does not have to them in stock because CAC does.

3) 4 bolts is not 8 bolts and most people want the maximum security for their doors and hinges.

4) The kit they sell is not under warranty.

However, i will not cont. this on this thread as i am asking the same for you not to continue on our thread.

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
I am going to close this thread and let me explain why.

I understand you are just trying to push the company that did your doors to help them out and normally I would not step in because you are not taking a group buy count or specifically taking orders acting as a vendor. But what you are doing is trying to directly compete with a site sponsor regarding their group purchase on the site.

You have said what you wanted to say which is where you got the kit, how much you paid and obviously if people are interested they will contact you off the board but this thread is now closed and I ask nicely that you do not start another before I have to take action.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.