NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed mine today. how long did it take for yours to fully break in sound wise? also, will it get deeper or just a lil louder?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hmmm it took me like couples of days...and it will get a lil deeper...so dont worry.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by ItLooksFast
hmmm it took me like couples of days...and it will get a lil deeper...so dont worry.
Originally posted by theycallmeALRU
took me about 3-4 days
That's just your ECU adjusting. Most people say they notice the sound of the exhaust itself changing after about a month of use. I believe it gets a bit louder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mines was pretty soft the first few days, and yes, after a month of breaking in. The sound got a lot deeper. I don't know if i'm the first to experience this or something but the first day I had it on. I notice this really aweful smell to the exhaust when I rev it at over 3k rpm. The smell didn't leave for at least a few weeks..Other forums say it's actually the plastic under the car that's melting when the exhaust is too hot or something..So after a month of use the exhaust sounded great and worth the bucks in my opinion.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
The smell is just the stuff inside the exhaust being exposed to exhaust heat for the first time and melting/burning/whatever they do. :) There's no way for the exhaust to get too hot and melt any plastic, since there are heatshields above the entire exhaust system to prevent that. The only plastic it could possibly melt is your bumper if the tip is pushing against it.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
It took my TRD exhaust (on my first celica GT-S) about a month as well. The smell goes away in a matter of days, and the exhaust will get a little bit louder and deeper. But, it's not like at a month the exhaust is suddenly louder. It will slowly "break in" for about a month and it will be comletely "broken in" at around a month. It is a great sounding/performing exhaust! I sometimes wish that I had a TRD on my new Celi but I also love my Tanabe!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts