NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALRIGHT....I KNOW THAT THIS MAY SOUND VERY STUPID TO THE REAL EXPERIENCED....BUT I PRICED A BLITZ SUPERCHARGER AND ITS $6500....TO ME THATS JUS RIDICULOUS...SO WHAT IS IT ABOUT FORCE INDUCTION THAT MAKES IT COST SO MUCH...LIK WAT DOES IT ACTUALLY DO.....CUZ I HAV NO CLUE :shrugs:

·
Banned
350 Posts
Dizzy321 said:
ALRIGHT....I KNOW THAT THIS MAY SOUND VERY STUPID TO THE REAL EXPERIENCED....BUT I PRICED A BLITZ SUPERCHARGER AND ITS $6500....TO ME THATS JUS RIDICULOUS...SO WHAT IS IT ABOUT FORCE INDUCTION THAT MAKES IT COST SO MUCH...LIK WAT DOES IT ACTUALLY DO.....CUZ I HAV NO CLUE :shrugs:
puts more air and fuel in your damn engine = bigger explosions, more power + higher RPM + more torque. and blitz is a rip off by the way, i'd rather go turbo

·
Registered
180 Posts
If all you are looking for is more power for less money then get a turbo. I know most people think the Blitz SC is too expensive for the amount of boost but then they need to see beyond the boost gauge at the other positive aspects that make it worthwhile like instant boost, reliability and a wicked sounding motor that turns heads like no other SC or turbo :headbang:

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Blue Angel said:
If all you are looking for is more power for less money then get a turbo. I know most people think the Blitz SC is too expensive for the amount of boost but then they need to see beyond the boost gauge at the other positive aspects that make it worthwhile like instant boost, reliability and a wicked sounding motor that turns heads like no other SC or turbo :headbang:
a sc isnt more reliable than a turbo...Turbo kicks the sc in everyway imaginable if it is tuned and done right.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
The simple answer is this: The eingine is a big air pump. The more air and fuel you can cram through it the more power you will make. At normal atomosphereic pressure a naturally aspirated engine can only take in air at atmospheric pressure at best. Forced induction is designed to increase the pressure in the intake manifold above atmospheric pressure, hence allowing the engine to move more air than it can at normal atmospheric pressure. More air = more power.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
The simplest answer is find someone local that has a FI car hopefully they will let you drive it, your answer will come to you once you had the chance behind that wheel.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was looking up the dyno for the Blitz Supercharger and it only boosts a stock GT-S from 180 to 199.5 at 7 PSI. that's kind of a ****ty result for a supercharger that costs about $6500 to $7000. it's design looks cool though, but like I said, ****ty results.

if it comes to force induction though, XS Engineering the whole way through! 180 to 251 at 7PSI. that's what I'm talking about!!!

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
YaNg^_^GuY said:
I was looking up the dyno for the Blitz Supercharger and it only boosts a stock GT-S from 180 to 199.5 at 7 PSI. that's kind of a ****ty result for a supercharger that costs about $6500 to $7000. it's design looks cool though, but like I said, ****ty results.

if it comes to force induction though, XS Engineering the whole way through! 180 to 251 at 7PSI. that's what I'm talking about!!!
uhh you havent looked around much.. You need to look at hass and c2 power.

Blue Angel said:
I totally disagree.

FYI- my SC puts out 218 whp and 180 ftlbs torque.
seriously that is a joke. You spent 5-6K for 30-40 whp. Some member on this board spent half of what you did and make 80-100whp. If they spent as much as you did, they wouldnt be around 400whp mark. the blitzsc may look nice and sound nice, but the turbo out performs

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
blitzceli said:
seriously that is a joke. You spent 5-6K for 30-40 whp. Some member on this board spent half of what you did and make 80-100whp. If they spent as much as you did, they wouldnt be around 400whp mark. the blitzsc may look nice and sound nice, but the turbo out performs
It's not always about performance ...

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
SWPLGT05 said:
Suck->Squish->Bang->Blow?
FI helps it suck more for a better bang ;)

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
In all seriousness turbos are WAAAAAYYYY more efficient than superchargers. Thats why NHRA had to outlaw them in all the big classes. The reason is simple - the turbo uses the energy in the superheated exhaust gas (energy that would otherwise be wasted out the tailpipe) to compress the incoming air - its a hella efficient system. The supercharger on the other hand draws energy from the crank - which robs that energy used to drive it from the normal output, and wastes even MORE energy than a NA car out the tailpipe.

The only reason superchargers are used is because they are easily controlled and give linear predictable power. A turbo is a bit more like a barely restrained beast. Once it starts going it just feeds on itself - the more air it flows the more exhaust you have the more exhaust you have the more energy to drive the turbo, the more energy for the turbo the more air it flows, the more air it flows the more exhaust you have the more exhaust you have the more energy to drive the turbo, the more energy for the turbo the more air it flows, the more air it flows the more exhaust you have the more exhaust you have the more energy to drive the turbo, the more energy for the turbo the more air it flows...

you get the idea

·
Registered
611 Posts
...uhh turbos especially the huge ones they would use in the NHRA for that massive airflow and boost would have no power down low and their take off is the most important part of the whole race...and in case you didnt know they only have 1! gear so its not like they are shifting and staying in the power band like all u turbo guys are.
and turbos are not the ultimate and s/c's are not the ultimate either. all i am saying is that they are good if used for their proper application yes turbos out due all the s/c's IN OUR APPLICATIONS...but when the serious turbos guys (monkey wrench racing and others) make huge numbers tis great but how usable is it unless u are already going??. but look at the LAGGGGGGGGG they dont make my power till 5k rpm. now imagine a turbo that had to put out 50 psi and was like 3 times bigger and had to run from the start in like the equivalent of our 4th gear thats why they use superchargers because they cant afford that lag in the most important part of the race...also after like 15psi a turbo cant compete with a s/c because they develope a lag that the s/c will never have...so to conclude turbos do out do s/c's in a low psi application but not high...

and i dont give a **** about my spelling to all u english teachers out there so dont try to get ur post number up by saying i need to spell stuff right...

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
milesplume said:
...uhh turbos especially the huge ones they would use in the NHRA for that massive airflow and boost would have no power down low and their take off is the most important part of the whole race...and in case you didnt know they only have 1! gear so its not like they are shifting and staying in the power band like all u turbo guys are.
and turbos are not the ultimate and s/c's are not the ultimate either. all i am saying is that they are good if used for their proper application yes turbos out due all the s/c's IN OUR APPLICATIONS...but when the serious turbos guys (monkey wrench racing and others) make huge numbers tis great but how usable is it unless u are already going??. but look at the LAGGGGGGGGG they dont make my power till 5k rpm. now imagine a turbo that had to put out 50 psi and was like 3 times bigger and had to run from the start in like the equivalent of our 4th gear thats why they use superchargers because they cant afford that lag in the most important part of the race...also after like 15psi a turbo cant compete with a s/c because they develope a lag that the s/c will never have...so to conclude turbos do out do s/c's in a low psi application but not high...

and i dont give a **** about my spelling to all u english teachers out there so dont try to get ur post number up by saying i need to spell stuff right...
dude - you have no idea what you are talking about - most turbo cars launch on a 2 step rev limiter under full boost - there is no lag. When the turbo is larger than displacement would normally demand then a small amount of nitrous fixes any spool issues. So you see any 8 second Supras running superchargers? No. Do you see them making over 500 HP / liter? You betcha.

Hell, *MY* car - which is no purebred racercar, its only alil 2.0 liter, it launched at 12-15 PSI of boost on a modified CT26, a VERY innefficient turbo.

The ONLY reason they use superchargers in NHRA is because turbos are outlawed - end of story. You look at power per cube and you cannot TOUCH the power a turbo can make with a supercharger on the same engine. The power needed to run the supercharger is too high and saps too much from the crank. Those cars make maybe 4000-5000 HP tops and the blower saps like 500 of it. They are like 800 cubic inch motors, thats like 13 liters. If they were ONLY making power at the same level a supra on stock crank can make with a turbo they would be putting out close to 7000 HP or more.

Seriously bro - I know you like your supercharger, and theres nothing wrong with that - its great and 10 times better than NA, but facts are facts and physics is physics. Turbos are more efficient and hence can make more power in any given application.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts