NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This kid just got an SVT and wants to race.

I looked up the specs.

He got 2002 SVT Focus 6 speed
no mods

170 HP, 2750LBs

I got 2001 Celi GT, 5 speed
140HP, 2425lbs
RPS Flywheel & Clutch
Injen short ram intake
17" wheels
TRD Exhaust

Can I win, or will I come up short?

Thanks

Marc

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
take the 17's off and you might have a slim chance

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
:werd: unless he goes from 1-3-6 you will lose with the 17's you might have a chance if you are a better driver than him with your stockies.

·
Registered
272 Posts
probably .3-.6 secs off your times.

it varies though.

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
Originally posted by MarcMichaud
On a quarter mile, how many seconds would you say the 17" slow me down?
if you run your 17's you will lose..........PERIOD

·
Registered
372 Posts
My thought exactly, friend of mine has one, didnt drive it myself but it feels faster than my GT (very noticable).

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by party2go
if you run your 17's you will lose..........PERIOD
Thats not true in the least. If the diameter is similar, the loss will be very minimal. maybe 1-2 tenths.

as for a prediction. I think they run low low 15's 2 door. Does he have a 4 door?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I think the Focus definitely has the advantage. It'll be a tough one..

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
Thats not true in the least. If the diameter is similar, the loss will be very minimal. maybe 1-2 tenths.

as for a prediction. I think they run low low 15's 2 door. Does he have a 4 door?
The weight I post previously is the weight for the four door. So he is 325lbs heavier, and has 30 more HP, and more torque. You guys are right it doesn't look to be in my favor.

So how about this.

If I take out spare tire, jack, etc... and take of my filter on my Injen Short Ram intake and put on the 15s, what are my chances then?

Also what is the average 1/4 time for an SVT Focus?

Thanks for the help, guys!

Marc

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph

The weight I post previously is the weight for the four door. So he is 325lbs heavier, and has 30 more HP, and more torque. You guys are right it doesn't look to be in my favor.

So how about this.

If I take out spare tire, jack, etc... and take off my filter on my Injen Short Ram intake and put on the 15s, what are my chances then?

Marc

·
Registered
124 Posts
dude, take off your filter? I hope by that you mean you're replacing it with something and not just removing it. Beating a focus is not worth sucking up dirt into your engine that could cause permenant damage, and thats assuming removing the filter even helps that much..but yes put your 15's back on and it'll be a drivers race

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Man,

The first thing I would do is replace the ram intake with a CAI, and then switch to either 16" or 15" wheels.

You should be dead even or even ahead by that time...

Lots of luck though, please let us know how it ends up.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by MarcMichaud

So how about this.

If I take out spare tire, jack, etc... and take off my filter on my Injen Short Ram intake and put on the 15s, what are my chances then?

Marc

remove filter? no. Engine damage.

teh AVG 1/4 for it is still slightly faster than a GT. if you get a GREAT launch with your TRD exhaust you may be even with him. You **** up your launch. You will never catch up.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Savarak
how much does the GT lose with the stock 16" GTS rims, versus the GT stock?
isnt the 16 inch tire diameter more or less the same as a 15 incher with a tire.

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
Originally posted by petsnowman
I was running my 17's when i ran the fastest stock time EVAR for a GTS. :D
the fastest n/a GT time was done on 15's :D

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by party2go
the fastest n/a GT time was done on 15's :D
Im sure of it. I just say that the effect of the rim can be offset with weight/diameter.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts