NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Anyone can get a label plate made up. If this is in fact true there should be documentation either from TRD or the Dealership authenticating the special order of the "limited edition"

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
yea, thats a grand prix of LB celica. i guess you can say it's "limited"

and YES, that front looks like it got raped...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dudes. I'm the guy selling it. The front bumper is fine. It just needs the lip. The crack is from a bad parking job when it hit one of those concrete things in the parking lot. This car is authentic. TRD didn't offer these upgrades in 2000, apart from 40 cars, delivered to select dealerships in the US. It was a "test run" on 40 cars, if you wanna call it that. There's a link in my auction which is a drive test of the same model. You can call Hamer Toyota in Cali with the VIN to confirm the authenticity.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't know why you guys are so angry. If you have any questions, go ahead and ask me. I'm a nice guy, I think. I'll answer your questions as best as I can. Please refrain from abusive language and calling me a retard and liar and so on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
rotchcrocket04 said:
Aww... somebody got his butt hurt. I'm laughing at you right now... just so you know...
But I am not, because I don't find it in the least bit funny.

·
Registered
448 Posts
when the celica first came out in 2000 Toyota did make some I guess "limited Edition model" if you like to call it that. Like the one shown on ebay. It has the TRD action pack. I saw one at the dealership and it was around $30,000+ in 2000. I'm not sure about the HP rating??

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am the second owner (for only 3 weeks! so it is a single-owner car, for all practical purposes). Only 40 of these cars were ever made
Hmm maybe this is because he also bought this car with regular a$$ trd upgrades believing that it was "special". I am calling BS :liar: . also for it being a 31k dollar, special edition only 40 ever made celica its nice to see that it still has the sunroof lexan peeling problem. :D Theres no way that exhaust has 90k miles on it. My gts also came with a trd drop in intake when I bought it, maybe I can get one of those trd plaques.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
oneblackgts said:
when the celica first came out in 2000 Toyota did make some I guess "limited Edition model" if you like to call it that. Like the one shown on ebay. It has the TRD action pack. I saw one at the dealership and it was around $30,000+ in 2000. I'm not sure about the HP rating??
You're right. There were 40 that were "limited edition" b/c it had the trd kit and various upgrades. It was called the grand prix edition and offered at a dealership in Cali. I'm not sure about the HP claim though.

Seeing that most of you guys that posted registered at the earliest of 04, i'm sure that you weren't aware of this info.

·
Registered
473 Posts
^intresting I wouldnt of thought that the trd kit wouldve been anywhere near development as early as 2000.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
kylebGTS said:
^intresting I wouldnt of thought that the trd kit wouldve been anywhere near development as early as 2000.
Yeah, the trd kit wasn't offered as an option at the dealership (cept for this celica). It was aftermarket and the kit was really really pricey. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000 or so? Can't remember exactly. I know some board members were pissed once this kit became an option because they spent so much to get a unique kit. Now every girl that I see has an action package gt :chuckles:

·
Registered
798 Posts
i believe him but that 200 hp thing is not believable. The average GT-S owner on here has i/h/e and only hits about 190ish. Toyota would have to make some major upgrades for it to be 200 hp with just an intake.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts