NewCelica.org Forum banner

Frances sucks

329 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  2000 XYR 
#1 ·
A month or so ago I decided to take a mini-vacation for labor day. Vegas and Orlando were my primary targets. I really wanted to go to Vegas but I was only going for 4 days so I was gonna be travelling for 2 of those 4, so I decided on Orlando. Now thanks to Frances I've cancelled those plans. I almost went but figured I'd have no good days and all rain. Add to that the fact that I may not be able to come back sunday.

Thanks Frances -- you ruined my mini-vacation. And no refunds either. :mad:

#7 ·
ps .. our house will be about 20 minutes away from the ocean so we will not be scared of having it drown .. another thing is we are moving into a house that's 00+ in age and shall be sturdy enough to withstand many strong winds .. hurricane insurance is always a plus!

#8 ·
I booked it thru Yahoo (Travelocity). It says about 101 places that it's not refundable as of today. A day or 2 ago I could have gotten some of the money back for the hotel, but none for the flight, so I still would have lost 75% of it. And I didn't decide not to go until this morning. I wish I had booked the hotel separate from the flight though. Supposedly I got a better rate by doing both, but I also get no refund which I've never had happen before. I've booked many a hotel room and you can usually cancel up to 6pm the day of arrival and get all your money back. I will call and check in to it though.

#9 ·
there was some kinda emergency insurance that you can get for a few extra bucks through online registration sites like travelocity .. i'm glad nothing like that happened when diana and i went .. my parents got a chance to switch flights to a different day which was a good deal for them..

#14 ·
Well I had 4 days/3 nights to work with. If you add up the 1 hour drive to the airport and 2 hours pre-arrival time then the 5-6 hour flight each way. The return flight left around noon also, so I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough fun time left. When I go I want to figure a day each way wasted on the trip, and a good 5 days in between of betting away all my money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.