NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no sound in the MR2, so I went to a stereo shop to get one installed...
Total cost is $325 for a cheap BOSS AM/FM/CD/MP3 player with 4 Blaupont (sp?) speakers installed (2 rear speaker need a separate box because there is no stereo compartment for rear).
First he says I do not have antenna but I specifically remember ARA said all the wires are there, so I told him to look for it.
He came back to me and said he can not see it and showed me a cut wire thinking that it was the antenna. I went to the trunk showed him where the antenna is and followed the wire, a guess what I freaking do have a freaking antenna wire!!
Second he said the antenna wire is too short, but I saw the freaking wire being coiled up next to the antenna all you have to do is uncoil some and pull it over!!
Then the guy goes on a lunch break at 12:30 when they promised me my car would be done at 11:45. Came back and start working on the car again at around 1:15 and did not finish until 2P.M.
I only went there because they said it would be done within 30 min, but end out taking 3 hours!! :(

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Damn, what place was this at? Obviously one stereo place to put on the avoid list in SoCal.

How does the new stereo setup sound? Hope it works fine....

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It works... did not try the MP3 or CD functions but am sure its fine.
Yeah I am going to avoid it like a plague, will not even post up the store name. Luckily its hard to find so doubt anyone will get dooped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts