NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he just decided to back into my celica. scraped some paint off. i heard that when your car is hit even if it looks ok, **** can still be broken under your car or behind your bumber? any information to help me out? should i take it to get checked out or forget about it?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i would just say what you can see is all thats hurt..if he only hit it hard enough to scrap some paint off...but thats sucks either way sorry man

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
yeah u dont have to worry to much other than findin a good paint shop that will match ur bumper with the rest of ur car.. hes payin for it right?

·
Registered
134 Posts
What people mean by this is that the plastic or foam or whatever they use underneath the bumper may be bent up or smashed. Since the outside will bend back you cant see it.
It wont hinder the cars performance it just makes it less effective if you actually get in an accident since the strength of the under the bumper material is gone.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
As long as hes paying for the repair you should be ok!

·
Registered
579 Posts
the foam behind the bumpers do basically nothing, cept maybe line up the stock bumpers better... as long as the crash bumpers are fine its all good

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Ok I have first hand experience with energy absorbing styrofoam. You should be ok. Mine was slightly crushed but that was after being hit in the rear end at 30-35 while I was standing still in my wrx. Like everyone said you probably just have some touchup painting and buffing to do..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts