NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you have a recommendation of a dealership in SoCal to take a vehicle to have the moonroof replaced with glass under the TSB? I am just below my 36k mark and want to get it done. I don't feel like fighting a whole bunch though, but will get in their grill if I need to.

Just wondering if you've had a positive experience regarding this with a certain dealership and, if so, who the name of the individual you worked with at that dealership was?

Thanks,
aerospike

Also, does anyone have a printout of the actual latest TSB released regarding this? If so, would you mind scanning and emailing me? PM me for details.

TSB is as follows: BO018-02 NOV 02 Body - Poor Sunroof Glass Durability

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
This TSB is nonexistent. There is no TSB for the replacement of our sunroofs and or moonroofs period. You can look and argue all you want but this TSB does not exist. I have been battling this for months and it really seems to depend on whether or not the dealer wants to help you out or not. If the dealer feels like it warrants replacement then they will but their is no order or claim from Toyota that actually says these moonroofs are defective and should be replaced. With that being said it is up to the grace of the dealer to give or not give you a new one.

If you can find proof of this mysterious "real" TSB regarding our moonroofs then I would like to have access to it. I have not been able to find anything on it. I have had lawyers check, friends that work at dealerships, etc. and this TSB seems to never have existed in reality but only in someone's imagination. If you have a real TSB or proof of a TSB that ever existed like this then please PM me with all the data that you have. Thanks.

Justin

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here's a link to the TSB aerospike asked about...it doesn't actually come out and say in it that sunroof will be replaced though.

TSB

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
I would try Longo or maybe Carlsbad

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the answers. Any personal recommendations at Long or Carlsbad?

Speaking to WRENCHEAD and Boosted.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
hi ho silver said:
why whats wrong with our moonroofs???.. oh btw aren't they plastic and not glass?
the older plexi-glass ones tend to start peeling and you can't see out of them, the newer ones are glass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts