NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there, I'm new to the forums. Well... I've been checking up here whenever I'd had questions and whenever I've needed install guides. I've done some searching and I can't find much of anything to what I'm about to ask:

What are my options for a front plate mount? I'm eventually getting an aftermarket front bumper, and I'd prefer not to drill into it. I've seen zip-tie front plate mods, and there are "custom front plate mounts" that don't require drilling, but other than those do I have any other options?

Yes, I prefer no front plate. I used to roll with it on the dash...until a young blood state trooper got me. Out of all the cops I've encountered, that one had to say something and cite me.

I've seen some cars with offset plates that hang inside their bumper, but I've not seen anything for the Celi. I don't know how well it would handle 70+mph though...

·
2,644 Posts

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
I mounted mine to the reinforcement bar behind the bumper.

It has these little wavy tabs on it, so I picked a couple and drilled them out, then did the same on the plate to make them line up. Put some gnarly bolts on there to hold it in. As long as all the letters on the plate are showing (In WA Even the state letters have to show) it's legal.

I'll take a pic of it when I get off work and post it up. I love it - It's out of the way, not an eyesore, but still there for when cops want it.

I always hate how the plates looked on the front. But I kind of like it when it's mounted the way I have mine

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

here's a picture of my license plate setup before my crash ( now i use no license plate, taking da risk ;) )

anyways i have this cheapy license plate thing, drilled 2 holes on the bottom side of the bumper, so if you go to a show just unscrew the plate and no holes on the bumper :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/License-Plate-Relocator-Kit-Front-Plate-JDM-Decal-Honda-Sticker-Civic-Universal-/271417823343
Low cost sounds nice. I'll definitely be referring back to this thread when my bumper gets in...after I order it some day. lol

hella cheap and works really well, mine has never fallen off
^ You can't say hella, you're not from NorCal :p

You can always get a motorized one. A few of the guys on here have them. Here's Joey's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2O1MTFt42s
Okay that's legit. lol at the guy saying he wants to drive the car now at the end of the video.

I mounted mine to the reinforcement bar behind the bumper.

It has these little wavy tabs on it, so I picked a couple and drilled them out, then did the same on the plate to make them line up. Put some gnarly bolts on there to hold it in. As long as all the letters on the plate are showing (In WA Even the state letters have to show) it's legal.

I'll take a pic of it when I get off work and post it up. I love it - It's out of the way, not an eyesore, but still there for when cops want it.

I always hate how the plates looked on the front. But I kind of like it when it's mounted the way I have mine
I'll definitely look into this. I like the sound of it

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Just ditch the plate. I haven't had one on my car for over a year and only had a cop comment on it once and that is because I parked next to him in a parking lot. He just gave me a friendly reminder that I do need one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just ditch the plate. I haven't had one on my car for over a year and only had a cop comment on it once and that is because I parked next to him in a parking lot. He just gave me a friendly reminder that I do need one.
Yeah, I've been considering that. Funny, cause out of the 127381273 cops I passed (all older cops), ONE state trooper, who looked to be 30, if not younger, stopped me. He flipped a u to get to me. :meh:

·
2,644 Posts
most cops try to get the most out of a stop they can
ie: they're not likely to pull you over for just no plate since that's a small ticket like 30 dollars, while if you're going 30 over, have an exhaust, no plate, tints, and are drunk, they can produce about 3 grands worth of tickets from one stop lol

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
One day - ONE - I don't have a front plate I get pulled over by a statie on the interstate.

I showed him my plate and then he wanted to hear my exhaust. LOL Told him it was as quiet as stock. He had no reason to disagree once he heard it. Got a warning for the plate not being mounted, though.

My motto is don't give cops stupid reasons to pull you over in the first place.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I got a couple of thin L brackets i got at home depot and mounted like this. But with this lip spoiler I have more of a gap so plate fit nicely. Stock lip there's not enough room.
But now live in Pa so don't need front plate anymore :)

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
My friend with a dropped G35 got pulled over and got a ticket for not running a front plate. I just have mine on the dash

1 - 13 of 13 Posts