NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought we didn't need speaker adapters to isntall new 6.5" woofers into the stock front bracket? grrr i just spent 8 hours today sound dampening my doors, installing my amp and finally when i come to install my new components they don't fit. argh... i'm gonna have to go w/o music in my car for a week now. Time to sing to myself in traffic.

this car is such a btich to work on. toyota makes it hard on purpose to discourage people tinkering w/ their stuff. I've never worked on such a complicated suspension and stereo stuff. My last accord was just so easy to work on.

So anyways where to find speaker adapters?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Easy...

I ran into the same problem installing my kenwood excellon 6.5 components. I simply went to home depot, got some scrap, high density particle board i think its called, just a really dark brown color, and about a 1/4 inch thikck and made adapter plates with a jig saw....

good luck

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Re: Easy...

ian99rt said:
I ran into the same problem installing my kenwood excellon 6.5 components. I simply went to home depot, got some scrap, high density particle board i think its called, just a really dark brown color, and about a 1/4 inch thikck and made adapter plates with a jig saw....

good luck
Yeah, that's what I did but I used 1/4" aluminum. But simple wood works just as good.

Curt

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
more woes

so i received my crutchfield/scosche front speaker adapter today, only to find that it does not fit flush against the back of my speaker! argh... the curvature of the basket of my kicker rs6 woofer hits the adapter before it can sit flush. argh i think i have to spend a few hours filing away the plastic on the adapter to make this fit.. i hope i don't weaken the plastic too much....

pain in the ARSE!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
sorry dude! i never thought about that. i guess i was lucky :)
it seems strong enuff to hold even if you file down some. the plastic was pretty thick if i remember correctly. sorry again!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's all good not ur fault... i finally got them to fit. I still don't like the design of the screw holes, or slots rather. They seem kinda weak u know? just two pieces of plastic w/ a screw in between em. I dunno.. i hope they last, otherwise i'm gonna need instructions on how to use a jig saw and make my own mounts a la J3adseed. Times like these i wish i took wood shop in jr. high school....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts