NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Toyota Celica Gt-s: So I bought a front strut bar and when I went to go install it, I noticed that the bar itself would be laying right on top or laying way to close to the battery terminals, thence resulting in it possibly sparking and a possible fire hazard. Has anyone else had this problem with strut bars or do I just need a smaller battery????? I thought it would go on easy, i didn't know it was going to turn into a pain in my a**. I just want to know what plan B is??????? Any help would be appreciated?????????? I"m highly annoyed

·
Registered
180 Posts
what brand,also did you check for any pics that show how the strut bar fits (different for diff. brands)

(dont know how to get the web address link for a thread)
look at the pic in the "Bluboy's car...pics. Celica T-sport (GTS)" thread
clearly shows a front bar there, and its relation to the battery

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you dont have a battery tie down i recommend you get one so your battery doesnt slide around. If its tight in place you shouldnt have a problem with it moving and having the posts hit your strut bar.

Dave

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you dont have a battery tie down i recommend you get one so your battery doesnt slide around. If its tight in place you shouldnt have a problem with it moving and having the posts hit your strut bar.

Dave
Ya, it is strapped down but it still is in the way, unless i try twisting the battery terminals to the side, that might work

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
One opition is to get an "Optima" battery.
They are a couple of inches lower then the stock/standard.
You need to use the supplied hight adapter to bring it up to stock hight.

Without the hight adapter it wil give you ample clearance for a strut brace.

Also, Optimas are excellent batteries that are completely sealed. This means that it totally elimates any terminal corrosion.

I love my Optima "red top". The celica takes a #35 battery.
The #35 is an industry designation and any maufacture's #35 battery will fit the Celica.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.