NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i searched and searched and searched and i cant find what im looking for...
i know not alot of people do this cuz hey think its ricey but i like the look so im going to try it...i know there was somebody who use to make them but they stopped sometime back...i know they go threw the fog light and im ok with it...i kinda have it figured out already...so if you guys can post links or places that carry them i would appreciate it...so far the only design i have found is this one and im not sure if it bolts right up or if i need to customize it...

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I really don't see the point unless you need it for track use. i like my fog lights.

Thats the same brand my cousin runs on his civic, ahh I was talking to him about it on saturday and I forgot to ask him where he got his since I too want a pair.
a pair?:confused:

·
Registered
322 Posts
he means a set one for the front and one for the back

most guys use it just for cosmetic looks and thats it

they are universal tow hooks so it should work with our cars, if its not a direct bolt on im sure there is some way to get it to work

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
i doubt it will bolt on. Even if it will, that mount isn't strong enough to use to pull the car. You will have to make a custom bracket to reach a stronger area of the subframe, else the minute you start pulling it by the tow hook it will rip loose and probably bring parts along with it.

PM kimGT or kim_gt, don't remember which way their name on here is. They know a lot about these brackets and i'm sure they would assist you. Post up your findings though so we have it for future searches.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
hey yeah i think the OP has already contacted me, if i remember correctly. unfortunately i think i sold all of my hooks. i might have one left, i'll have to check. its not a great picture but its the only one i have online. its 12 in. in length and secured by two 1/2 stainless steel bolts. my fabricator lost my original drawings.

·
Registered
842 Posts
pm harout he has one, ask him how it is installed ....

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
whats with the plates? is that so the cameras have a harder time snapping photos? because if that is its freaking genius.
he blurred it out in MS paint or photoshop so people on the interwebs can see it.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
oh i thought you where referring to crystalalien87's sig

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.