NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Gts auto. As I’ve been going down this bumpy driveway going under 5km for a few days now, I’m starting to hear a rattle coming from the front wheel when it’s spinning, sounds like a rock hitting metal every now and then. Stops at higher speeds. Drove it for a day or two like that and now it Sounds like my pads are pushing on my rotor once every time it cycles through my caliper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2000 Gts auto. As I’ve been going down this bumpy driveway going under 5km for a few days now, I’m starting to hear a rattle coming from the front wheel when it’s spinning, sounds like a rock hitting metal every now and then. Stops at higher speeds. Drove it for a day or two like that and now it Sounds like my pads are pushing on my rotor once every time it cycles through my caliper
“Metal on metal” rattle every now and then came back, sounds like rocks hitting metal constantly at lower speeds

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,369 Posts
CV joint?

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Ive had this happen to be me couple of times. Sounds familiar but it was years ago. But the whole clicking and sliding thing, especially when turning. My first guess would be the CV joints as old time member 2way said! (Hi 2way — hope all is well!)

CV joint?
Lift the car, go under it, and follow your axel when it connects to the motor. If you see a lot of black gunk all over, it's your CV joints. Buy OEM or go to auto zone or something similar and order new ones. Fairly easy to install yourself if you have the right tools. Otherwise, hit up craigslist, find a mobile mechanic. Pay them to do it.

Reactions: 2way
1 - 4 of 4 Posts