NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today morning i tried to start my car and it didn't. the battery is fine but it would not start. i'm guessing the fuel lines are frozen. does any1 have this problem today morning?? if so how can i unfreez them??

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Originally posted by TRD StreetRacing
this is what i end up doing and it worked for some odd reason :wtf:
I heard it's a common problem with the Celicas to have a hard time starting when it is really cold due to something with the clutch.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Originally posted by StreetFighter
My only problem this morning was that my windshield washer didn't work cause it was frozen.
that happens to me too! i hate that! especially when ur wind shield gets all dirty and u cant see through it and the freaking washer doesnt work :furious:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Originally posted by evil eye
You still have that thing? :chuckles:

I thought it was totalled Liz?
It was declared totaled, but really wasn't :) I got to keep the car, and they payed off my loan as well!! So I just had the bumper fixed by my dad's friend, he charged me super cheap, and all is good!! So I have to keep the car since it's costing me nothing, except for liability, which isn't much :) I've been mini-blessed :D

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JiggyRedGTS said:
It was declared totaled, but really wasn't :) I got to keep the car, and they payed off my loan as well!! So I just had the bumper fixed by my dad's friend, he charged me super cheap, and all is good!! So I have to keep the car since it's costing me nothing, except for liability, which isn't much :) I've been mini-blessed :D
dont' u have to get some special inspection once it's declared "totaled" ??

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Originally posted by Viola4ka
that happens to me too! i hate that! especially when ur wind shield gets all dirty and u cant see through it and the freaking washer doesnt work :furious:
Word viola... I hate when the washers freeze and I can't see see shiat.... I used a special windshield wiper fluid that prevents the washers from freezing...that got me thru these past 2 artic days.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Originally posted by TRD StreetRacing
this is what i end up doing and it worked for some odd reason :wtf:
i used to have to do that too the first winter i had my car. but for some very weird reason, i havent had to do it the past two :confused:

and another thing that makes me say "ohhh that doesnt sound good" when i first start it up in the freezing, single digit temps is not when it is cranking... but the split second it starts running, there is a terrible metal on metal grind noise. i have plenty of oil and other vital fluids, but i have no idea what the noise is. i can just imagine the cylinder walls getting raped by the bare pistons and scraping the hell out of them :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.