1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Celica GT-S

THE CAR
2000 Celica GT-S 6MT, black on black
Options include leather, power locks, power windows, air conditioning, moon roof, hatch spoiler, etc. All pretty standard stuff for this year of this car.
27,081 actual miles. Engine never misshifted but has been serviced for recall for lift bolts. Still screams from lift to redline. In last year has been fully serviced with every fluid replaced, spark plugs changed, etc.

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION
1. Adult driven, maintained and modified. Every step on this car was taken to enhance it's performance and/or appearance only after careful consideration. Never abused/raced/quarter miled. The overarching idea for everything here was to create a car that looked and performed differently but also one that could've come from the factory that way.
2. One-owner car with full service records. Oil changed every 3 months, no matter the mileage, which rarely reached 3,000 between services.
3. No, I will not part it out. It is what it is and will stay that way until I sell it. What you do with it after that is up to you.

MODIFICATIONS
Wheels/tires: 17x7 OZ Novas, powder coated black with 225/45 Pirelli P Zero Nero M+S all-season tires with less than 5,000 miles of use. TRD valve stem covers.
Suspension: TRD struts and springs with Hotchkis front and rear sway bars, Rod Millen front strut tower bar. Struts/springs have less than 10,000 miles of use. Ride is comfortable and handles very well.
Engine performance: TRD extended length exhaust, TRD air filter.
Appearance:
BODY: Full TRD Elegant body kit, installed by dealer before purchase. Also includes front lower grille that did not come with this model year but was standard in later iterations. Raised hood scoop; Honda S2000 antenna. Clear front corner lenses. Rotor hats and calipers painted with Foliatec paint. CELICA fill in on hatch; red out tails.
ENGINE BAY: IPT carbon fiber dress up pieces; Hose Techniques replacement hoses; Injen dress up cover for valve cover, powder coated red; Optima red top battery, less than 3 months old; TRD oil cap.
CABIN: Alpine CDA 7876 head unit with XM capability and Alpine ERA 6320 sound field processor and Xtant A4004 amp in limited edition titanium case; JDM door sills; TRD short shifter; custom painted gauge surround and center console pieces in black satin finish; brushed aluminum gauge trim; orange bulb covers for A/C controls; TRD horn button.
ALARM SYSTEM: Code Alarm, installed by Abt, as was the entire sound system.

OTHER
1. No issues mechanically. Car starts every time, runs smooth and always performs as you'd expect.
2. Cosmetically, it does have some very minor, very normal small chips on the hood that come with a car that's 6 years old. But nothing is rusting, flaking or otherwise in need of attention.
3. The leather is in good shape but is starting to show some of the normal creasing that seems to happen to every Toyota leather I've ever seen.

FINAL NOTES
1. Comes with some stock replacement parts (for example: standard shifter, engine cover pieces, springs; sways) but not all (for example: exhaust, wheels).
2. Also includes some after-market pieces that were never installed: AEM underdrive pulley in red; Blitz SUS intake; Cusco front lower tie bar, powder coated red.
3. Could also be some other things that we find in the garage that escape me at the moment but it will all go together.
4. Recently detailed and will come to you with a full tank of gas. That's how a new car should come, right?

Price
$14,000 firm. This car is worth every cent.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
WOW, im so interested. Its not that far of a drive....but its worth it. Im trying to sell my GT so i can get a GTS, and i can get a 6000 loan so i can fly there and buy it and drive it home.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot to mention: Never smoked in.

Also, no body work or accidents/wrecks of any kind.

If you want to run a Carfax, here's the VIN: JTDDY32T5Y0029069

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Holy sh*t that a clean celica!

·
Registered
473 Posts
This is one beautiful car DailwyDog. Best of luck with the sale, I think it is worth every penny of what your asking. If only I would've waited a few months and stumbled across this thread before I got my gts :wtc:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm interested but my parents don't want to go all the way to Chicago. If you were closer I would be all over this!

·
Registered
661 Posts
DaileyDog said:
Next-stop-is-eBay bump.
Hold out! LOL. I might actually sell the Tundra and buy it if you're still interested in driving it up here. I'll drop in a message today or tomorrow on the situation.

How's the transmission running on your GTS?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Transmission/clutch are perfect, doesn't grind going into or out of any gear.

Let me know if you're really interested. Otherwise, it's going up. Been for sale too long already.

RE: Driving it up, depends on where and how far. It's the same distance from here to Minneapolis as it it going the other way. Chicago is beautiful this time of year, you should see it. I been traveling too much this year and would like to avoid any more trips to the airport if I can avoid them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts