- Will ship within 48 hours of receipt of payment
- Contact me via PM

Thanks guys,
Richard

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
RADR1732 said:
A guy I trust said he doesn't recommend I run it because I have a turbo on my GT-S.

Richard
Hey, I'm interested in the Fidanza flywheel, but at the same time I'm still considering going turbo in the future. Might I ask why this flywheel wasn't recommended for a boosted application? I was always under the impression that a lighter flywheel would help with turbo lag. Maybe its a durability issue with aluminum? Let me know... Thanks!

--Mark

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
RADR1732 said:
Yes...yes... SOLD TO THE MAN WITH THE HOTTIE GIRLFRIEND!
:fawk:

That's fine, but can you still answer my question? I actually intended for that message to be a PM, but I screwed up... :(

MP3Supply, I'm not following you. A car with more HP revs faster, no? The point of a lightweight flywheel is to reduce the inertial losses between the engine and the tranny, thereby freeing up lost HP. I have a feelin this might be related to the fact that aluminum is not as strong as chromolly. With the significant increase of torque in a boosted car could it possibly cause the flywheel to deform when mated hard with the clutch? Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
^^ the Fidanza has a steel friction surface and I don't think strength is an issue on most boosted Celicas you'll encounter unless you are Mr. Rado or others up and coming.

not sure, but I think it may be an issue of the turbo "unspooling" too fast due to the revs dropping too fast on the gear shift...unless you powershift but then your whole tranny won't last very long.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts