NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my original 2000-02 interior which I had started on the long process of sanding down in order to completely smooth it out and paint it. I changed my mind and got an 03 interior instead. I will get pics up soon, but none of the pieces are untouched. Many are even to the point of being primed. Most pieces are 50% or there-abouts done prepping.
This would be a perfect thing for anyone wanting to go all-custom for show purposes. I don't have a set price right now, so please reply or PM me if you have interest. Also, I may be low on my photobucket bandwidth, so ask me to EMail pics and I will.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll get on it tomorrow morning. PM me to remind me. I'm swamped today at work

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
i was just interested in what u had done...i dyed mine like 2 years ago..i just got more blue to touch up and got some white. that project is still to come..but heres what it looks like now.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I was doing was sanding it down to take away the contour. The pics I sent showed it with primer on it. It was being smoothed out so it could be professionally painted like the exterior. Emocrab - the EMail did not go thru to you. got another EMail address? Or WinZip? I may have had too many attachments on the EMail for your EMail provider and I can zip them up if you have it

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bump. And here are some pics of how the dash looks to give people the right idea of what most of it looks like. it is primer that you see, not the OEM plastic. And yes it is sanded down. Needs more wetsanding to get the right finish, but much of the labor is already done. Not sure what to ask, but I won't be asking nearly as much as a whole OEM interior would cost. I'd like to get something around $500-600 (sans shipping) or maybe more if people start competing to get it. For reference, my 03 dash from a junkyard cost me almost that much by itself. I can get other pics of the other pieces in this interior set upon request, but I'd EMail then to keep my photobucket bandwidth from going over. BTW, the dash is out of the car right now
Pics:

Close-up for texture:

·
Registered
453 Posts
still waiting for pics of the doors and rear panels to [email protected] and price you are looking to get for those parts?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
drpdmazda said:
still waiting for pics of the doors and rear panels to [email protected] and price you are looking to get for those parts?
I'm going to try to get over there either today or Saturday. I'll probably jjust post pics in this thread
dfdrummer1 said:
sorry for double poting, it wont let me edit. I meant just the front wraparound dashbord. no doors, or anything.
I probably won't be parting it out. It seems pointless with this setup. Besides that, I'm sure it would cost near $100 to ship the dash by itself (maybe not if I use Greyound, but still...)

·
Registered
390 Posts
alright, thanks anyway...just let me know. I WILL buy the dashboard from you if you do part it out, and i guess i could go around like 150 shipped.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dfdrummer1 said:
alright, thanks anyway...just let me know. I WILL buy the dashboard from you if you do part it out, and i guess i could go around like 150 shipped.
that's still like me just sending it to you for a little more than shipping...

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
dfdrummer1: When I finish my '03 interior swap I'll sell you my old dash for $100. It's '01 gray and it's not primered but you do live 50+ minutes from me (I mapquested your city), so we could meet halfway for a local pickup.

Matt, I hope you don't mine I just jumped your thread, but it doesn't sound like you were willing to sell it to him anyway. :D If you want I can delete this post, just let me know.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not a problem Joe. I am trying to sell it as a whole (well the pieces I have anyway). I may be able to find a semi-local buyer because we have a meet coming up next month at my house of all places. grilling out and pool party kinda deal for (I think) about 30 Celi owners

1 - 20 of 21 Posts