NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,927 Posts
Pics of items with username, date and newcelica.org in the photo are required here.

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
Pics of items with username, date and newcelica.org in the photo are required here.
Indeed.

EddyB, please review the classifieds rules, then PM me when you have the proper info. I'll reopen your thread then.

:closed:

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
I've been informed that the pictures are ready.

Thread reopened so EddyB can post the pics below.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is this a simple plug and play for a manual GTS and if so, what years is it compatible with? I'm surprised it's been sitting here for as long as it has as that's a pretty quick, easy 10hp.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is this a simple plug and play for a manual GTS and if so, what years is it compatible with? I'm surprised it's been sitting here for as long as it has as that's a pretty quick, easy 10hp.
190hp is the gain you have only with exhaust modification ther nothing special
about this ecu same as my american celica gts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
The knock sensor changed at some point after 2000 and you really should pair up an ECU with the right year's knock sensor.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While it may not seem like it does anything to others ill tell you what it did to mine so hopefully the info can help others

The first thing i noticed is a very slight more aggressive tone to the engine
mid-range felt a little better but that could be just a placebo effect.

The other thing Im kinda skeptical about is a friend of mine has an old bmw 328i and we race from time to time, after the ecu we both notice i pulled a little more than usual on a couple of runs but only a little more. Could be atmospheric conditions though but we did notice something so Im not sure.

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
This is a great price for this ECU. I asked the same exact question to MWR as they have a 190 ECU they sell and that is the same part number. I found it cheaper than somewhere else, no surprising with their price. But I paid a lot more than what this one is going for.

Only problem I had is, it's not ODB II, so not sure what I need to plug into it in order to read the codes if it ever throws one.

Also, Celica40, if "nothing special" about this ECU and needs modification, then why doesn't MWR tell you that when you go to their site? And now, they don't publish the number, I had to get them to tell me over an email as I'm sure they would know that you could find it somewhere else cheaper.

http://monkeywrenchracing.com/product/toyota-oem-ecu-celica-2000-2001-2zz-ge-gts-jdm-used/

If I didn't have this already, I would have snatched it up!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Congrats! This needed a good home!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.