NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! It pains me to say this, but is my 2001 Toyota Celica GTS with 6-speed manual transmission is up for sale. I am the original owner of this vehicle. The car was purchased in August of 2001 with 5 miles on the clock. The car now has 70,500 miles on it. Car has never been raced on the street or track, never saw a burnout, and never abused in any way shape or form. I built this car to look fast and badass, little else. Look at my mod list for proof as it's mostly cosmetic. The car was used to commute from Queens to Long Island mostly. Car has also been to Florida twice, Boston three times, and DC once, so a lot of it's miles are from the highway as you can see. Oil is changed regularly every 3,000 miles, non-synthetic. Car has never been smoked in and the interior is very clean and mostly scratch free. Nothing looks worn or old except for the front seats which were given to me when I sold my Brides. The leather could use some treatment, but overall not bad at all. This was not a mechanic's car so you won't see a greasy, dirty steering wheel or interior here. I'm very anal about stuff like that. This car was never involved in an accident, aside from some bumps and hits while parked that were since fixed. The title is clean. This was the best year to own a Celica as most issues/bugs with the '00 models were fixed in '01 and the rev limiter is higher than '02 and you still have the tight shift gates. It's also not drive by wire like 03+.

The car has never given me any problems. I broke it in for it's first 1,000 miles, keeping it at 55mph and never taking it over 4,000 RPM's as Toyota recommended in the owners manual. This car was very babied. I intended to keep this car forever, but my plans have changed. My loss, your gain. The only issue I ever had in 10 years of ownership was the thermostat died on me, but was replaced soon after with original Toyota parts. No expense was ever spared on this car and for those of you who know me here, know this is true. In the last year and a half, the car has seen bumper abuse thanks to parking it on Queens streets. The front bumper could use a repaint, however the rear is excellent. There are a couple of dings on each side of the rear panels, along with some scratches on the front fenders but nothing major. This car still gets looks and stares by everyone who sees it and most are shocked when I tell them it's a 10 year old Celica. The car still looks good and better than 90% of what's on the road today, especially beat up 7th gens. For the last 6+ months it has been sitting in my parents garage as I have since purchased an Audi A4 for use as my daily driver. The battery was just purchased 3 weeks ago, so it's practically new still. Since it's garaged now, the miles will pretty much stay the same, aside from some occasional weekend driving. I love this car, but it's time for me to move on to something bigger and badder.

For now, I will be selling the car as is, all mods included. I will start to remove mods and part out only if there is little interest in the car as a whole. With that being said, this car has some of the best parts offered on the Celica. As you can see from my mod list, the car has a full 2003+ black interior, along with 2003+ black rear cloth seats (front seats are 2001 leather), 2003+ OEM HID headlamps, and a 2003+ hatch handle. I'll even throw in a seat of 2003+ tails to spice up this sale. For all intents and purposes, this car looks like a 2003+ but with all the juicy inner workings of a tried and true '01. Best of both worlds. My mod list is below as well as a few pics. Everything on my car is authentic, I can't stress that enough. Like I said before, I spared no expense. I'll take some more detailed pics soon. This was my first new car, and it's the first time I ever had to sell a car, so go easy on me if I missed any details. As I'm the original owner, I know everything about this car. I'm sure I'm forgetting some details here but feel free to ask me any questions you may have, I would be happy to answer them! I'm asking for $12,000 and I'm willing to drive it a good distance if serious. I think it's a fair price considering the rarity of a 2001 6-spd GTS that was babied and has about $15,000 in quality mods. I'd love to see this car go to an enthusiast so I'm listing it here and only here for right now. Please take my baby to a good home! :sadwave:

***Again all parts are AUTHENTIC***

Trial Try-Force V1 front bumper
Trial Try-Force V1 side skirts
Trial Try-Force V1 rear bumper
Currently wingless, but will throw in stock wing for free (needs repaint)
Trial carbon fiber canards (one was backed into and removed from car, still have it though but it's damaged)
Nexo PX5 18x7.5 +35 offset (hyper silver) with Nexxus 225/40/18
TRD exhaust
TRD springs
TRD fuel door/cap
TRD 4 piston big brake kit w/ Hawk ST-40 street pads
2003 OEM HID Headlamps w/ Acura TSX lens swapped in (more sharper and purple cutoff than stock)
2003 hatch handle
JDM Sidemarkers
JDM Kareha badge (elder/advanced driver)
C-ONE underpanel
Redded out 2001 tails (will throw in 2003 OEM red tails for free)
Stoptech slotted rotors (rear)
Stoptech stainless steel brake lines
Hawk brake pads (rear)
Rays black lugnuts
AEM V2 CAI - Blue
Polished Intake Manifold
Polished Throttle Body
Top Shop carbon fiber center console (complete)
Top Shop carbon fiber headliner
Top Shop carbon fiber moonroof control panel
Top Shop carbon fiber door inserts
Top Shop carbon fiber a-pillars
Custom carbon fiber wrapped AC vents
2003 complete interior swap (black)
2003 rear cloth seats (black)
HVAC decals for center console (silver)
JDM 2003 black/carbon black door sills
TRD black/black steering wheel
Kenwood DDX-7017 HU
OEM double din radio trim
Custom Ashtray Switches (black/red)
Playstation 2 (slim) with power inverter
B&M Short Shifter
Kumosport Bushings
Custom 6-speed shift plate (chrome/black)
Razo brushed alluminum weighted shift ball
Custom brushed alluminum air vent rings (x4)
Plasmaglow Fusion 7 Color LED underbody kit
Dooly's white LED dome light conversion
Dooly's Enzo style gauge face silver/black/red
Center tach conversion
Red Gauge Needles
Red LED conversion in gauge cluster/ window switch
Red LED AC conversion
Red cigarette lighter condom
White LED ac/defrost buttons
Red filtered '03 clock
VVTL-I warning decals for sunvisors
Black fabric painted sunvisors
Black TRD shoulder pads
Matte black Toyota emblem (front)
Black calipers (rear)
Black Key Techniques keyhole caps
S2000 Antenna
20% Tints
OEM fog lamps w/ Nokya H3 2500k yellow foglamp bulbs
Dooly's white LED license plate lights
Valeo Ultimate wipers (front)
Bosch wiper (rear)

There are more pics in my gallery, but they are mostly of my past modifications (hoods, lights, wheels, kits, etc). I will take new pics soon.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
1) how much for the interior swap? :wiggle:
2) This is probably the cleanest Celica in the northeast! Meticulously maintained and only TOP DOLLAR spent on parts going into it! I have seen this car personally a few times and I can vouch that it is one clean ass ride! The front seats are what a 10 year old leather seat usually looks like, but could be improved with an inexpensive recondition.
3) an audi?!?! sell it and go for a lexus before it falls appart on you man.... once they get 4, 5 years old, everything starts to fall appart. I say this because I see it every day. I hope it is a lease!
4) GOOD LUCK JOE! Quality seller at it's finest!! You can't deal with a better guy. I hope you get what your looking for man!

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the love guys! It pains me to sell it believe me. I just hope it goes to a good home. I'm surprised it made any sense, I wrote it at 1am haha.

Oh Kev I know you wanted the interior man but that's one mod I'll never do again. What a pain it was to swap all that haha. And don't worry, the Audi is a brand new 2010 and it's a 3 year lease, it should last long enough! :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Really sad to see this day come for you Joe. But we all have to move on at some point in time.

With that said, and it pains me to say...if you do decide to part out please PM me, I'd probably buy a butt load from you. :) But i do wish you the best in selling. Hope you're able to get what you're looking for.

·
One Final Storm
3,472 Posts
Would you let it go for $8,000 cash? I'm in Philadelphia and could come pick it up ASAP. Let me know if you're interested.
Don't lowball Joe, this Celica was babied and one of a kind. All high quality authentic parts, you won't find another one even close to it.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would you let it go for $8,000 cash? I'm in Philadelphia and could come pick it up ASAP. Let me know if you're interested.
As much as I'd like tos ell this right away, that's too low for me to accept, I'm sorry. If you're really just interested in the car itself, I can strip most of the aftermarket parts off and sell it to you for $8k cash. The only thing I would leave on would be the '03 interior, simply because it's a pain to swap. It would also take me a while to bring it back to stock, but let me know if you're seriously interested via PM. We can take it from there. Thanks.

Don't lowball Joe, this Celica was babied and one of a kind. All high quality authentic parts, you won't find another one even close to it.
Thanks Jen! I must admit, it's hard to find an '01 manual GTS with this few miles on it and condition. All of the local Celica's by me are sunfaded and beat up. And most Celica's on ebay/auto trader are GT trim, auto trans, and high mileage. I guarantee you won't find many '01 6-spd GTS' with '03 interiors either.

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
I am hoping that the new owner will baby this and respect it just like you have man! Your celica is definitely one of a kind and one of my top favorites! I would keep tabs on it after you sell it lol...

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really sad to see this day come for you Joe. But we all have to move on at some point in time.

With that said, and it pains me to say...if you do decide to part out please PM me, I'd probably buy a butt load from you. But i do wish you the best in selling. Hope you're able to get what you're looking for.
Thanks Chris, and yes I will. I actually have a crapload of parts that were never installed that have to be sold. Look for the thread in the for sale forum in about a week. Just need to take pics of everything. And as always, we're talking quality authentic parts too. :wiggle:

Do not like... End of an era!
Oh my gosh! One of the best celica's i've seen. Good luck mate Looks like everyone's ready to pack up and leave
Thank you! Yes, it's hard to leave, but I will still frequent the forums to see what the rest of you are up to.

sad to see it go, but what you'll replace it with is well worth it!

good luck with the sale man.
I keep telling myself that the replacement makes this sale worth it. But until I have that new car this is going to be a rough time.

oe man, good luck... this is my favorite celica on the forum. ever.
Wow, thank you. That means a lot to me.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.