NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took out the headers out. This car has some serious oil issues and I hope I can find where it's coming from, otherwise I may be SOL.

Selling OBX short headers. Not sure why / how, but the tab that separates the middle was broken when I took the exhaust off. Asking $125 shipped to the U.S. obo.

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry this picture came out like crap, I used my phone and for some reason it focused on the wrong thing, but out of this hold should be that piece welded in there.

This is what it looks like complete. Not sure if it makes a huge different in performance or not. But I do want to point it out ahead of time. No wonder the guy was hearing a weird rattle when driving the car.

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and sorry, yes, this actually came out of a 2000 GTS.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That piece should not effect performance. I dont see how it could. I assume it has something to do with the upstream O2 sensor read-out but then again I have never tested this theory. Just my .02

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I doubt it as well, considering the catalytic converter also has that split down the middle. PM if me interested. Thanks!

·
Lift kicked in yo
122 Posts
I doubt it as well, considering the catalytic converter also has that split down the middle. PM if me interested. Thanks!
That's really weird, never seen that before on a header, but maybe I'm just dumb? Let me find out what that little piece is (i assume it must have some use, or else it wouldn't be part of the header). I'll PM you as soon as i find that out, if it's a non factor

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe it's a GTS thing / OBX thing. When I was looking for headers for my GT I knew the difference between the GTS and GT because of that tab. Even though OBX uses random stock pictures on their website, I still got a different looking header for my GT with an o2 bung on it. Keep me posted. They aren't going anywhere unless someone else wants them.

·
Lift kicked in yo
122 Posts
I believe it's a GTS thing / OBX thing. When I was looking for headers for my GT I knew the difference between the GTS and GT because of that tab. Even though OBX uses random stock pictures on their website, I still got a different looking header for my GT with an o2 bung on it. Keep me posted. They aren't going anywhere unless someone else wants them.
Haven't heard back from OBX what the tab is for and it's been a few days since emailing them. Will keep you posted on that.

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good luck. I had to find the number for OBX one time for the headers I purchased, because they were different from the picture (mine were pictured without the bung for the o2 sensor, and the one I received had the hole for it.), so I wanted to confirm I got the right one and they gave me some excuse about California cars, blah blah, anyways, I got them to sent me the bolt to cover it up. But when I called it sounded like a kid on his cell phone.

But not a problem. Haven't posted it anywhere else yet.

·
Lift kicked in yo
122 Posts
Good luck. I had to find the number for OBX one time for the headers I purchased, because they were different from the picture (mine were pictured without the bung for the o2 sensor, and the one I received had the hole for it.), so I wanted to confirm I got the right one and they gave me some excuse about California cars, blah blah, anyways, I got them to sent me the bolt to cover it up. But when I called it sounded like a kid on his cell phone.

But not a problem. Haven't posted it anywhere else yet.
This sounds like a huge PITA having to deal with them. But if I don't get an email by lunchtime today I'll just call them and sort it out (hopefully).

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still for sale if anyone is interested.

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still available

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still for sale. $125 shipped within the U.S.

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Celica Enthusiast
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18