Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon gentlemen,

Today, up for sale is a used Camcon that I bought here off the forum. I sold the Celica and traded up to a Legacy GT so I have no use for this any more. Its a great little addition to the car and fits very nicely in the upper compartment of the center counsel.

At no extra cost I will be including the pictured a/f gauge along with its stand.

Both items were fully operational when I removed them from my vehicle and are therefore being sold as is.

I have included the 3% paypal fees into the $155 price already ($150+ 3% paypal fees = $154.50 rounded up).

The first person to PM me with a reasonable offer will most likely be the owner a of new Camcon, A/F gauge, and gauge stand.

Pics are attached.

Regards,
August

Attachments

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts
To sell here, you must post pictures that show your username on a piece of paper, next to the parts. Please oblige.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My fault Omnious, pics with my username on a piece of paper next to the parts will be up after work. ETA Jan 31,2012 7pm EST.

·
6,652 Posts
Excellent. Good luck with the sale. :thumbup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are the benefits of this for a gts? May be interested...
Benefits: It adds the option to tune the car giving more HP/TQ by intercepting the signal from the camshaft position sensor and then offsetting the signal, conning the ECU into thinking that it is in a different position, hence the name "Camcon".

*it is important to note that the camcon is not capable of engaging LIFT earlier.

Here is the long version:

The CAMCON works by intercepting the signal coming from the engine's camshaft position sensor. This sensor tells the ECU where the camshaft is, and the VVT-i system uses this camshaft position information to set the angle of the camshaft relative to piston motion (called the timing of the camshaft). The CAMCON offsets the signal, causing the ECU to think the camshaft is at an incorrect angle and forcing a correction. Because of this, there is only a certain range over which the CAMCON can adjust the camshaft position, due to the fault tolerance built into the ECU. IF you try to adjust the CAMCON beyond this range, you will go outside the fault tolerance of the ECU and cause a check engine light.

Here is the sticky that the above info came from (there is a whole lot more): http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213242&highlight=camcon

Price is still $155 obo shipped to your door. PM me if interested.

·
6,652 Posts
:closed:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.