NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just giving the DCM peeps a heads-up! As most of you know I've been working on a performance engine mount for our cars and I'm now taking orders for those with MANUAL TRANS Celicas.
If interested, check out my threads in both the "Performance Mod" and the "For Sale" forums, then shoot me a PM.
Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Bill, I hate to ask the obvious questions, particularly of one as beloved as yourself. However, do you plan to run a dyno comparison between the old and new mounts? That would convince me to buy.

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Baldhead_J said:
Bill, I hate to ask the obvious questions, particularly of one as beloved as yourself. However, do you plan to run a dyno comparison between the old and new mounts? That would convince me to buy.
J, this isn't a mod that will give more hp to the wheels, it just allows the engine to put the power down better. It's like getting an LSD and expecting to see more whp. You won't, but you'll still go faster.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
kaioshin said:

J, this isn't a mod that will give more hp to the wheels, it just allows the engine to put the power down better. It's like getting an LSD and expecting to see more whp. You won't, but you'll still go faster.
Prinya,
I understand the physics behind the issue at hand. But there must be a set of metrics to demonstrate the objective "goodness" of the innovation. I am just trying to get my arms around the "goodness" as opposed to the current relative "badness".

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
How about launch times J?

Honda has a jillion of these performance engine mounts available. Now Bill's done the Celica clan a great service. :thumbup:

It's just like suspension, what can you measure, other than stiffness %? Perhaps you can see a demonstration at the next meet. :burnout:

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
It sounds fantastic and I am all for it. I am always grateful to Bill. Please don't take this as a flam-it isn;'t waht is intended. If launch times are the metric, then fine. If the butt dyno is the metric, also fine. I am just curious.

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Understood J, I'm just pointing out a dyno won't show what it does. :)

A good hard launch will show you what it will do. You should be able to plant the power more to the wheels instead of jiggling the engine around and getting wheel hop and what not.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MicaCeli, Yes I can have yours done by the 29th and you have PM.

_J, My butt-dyno is getting old but even IT could tell a big difference in launching and during hard acceleration. :chuckles:

ringthree, It was only $25.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts