NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale:
Powerslot Plus brake kit for front. This is not a true big brake kit. It comes with larger rotors and adapters to move the caliper out. Stock rotors are 10.7" front. The Powerslot Plus rotors are 12.8" front. You can read more about it at http://www.powerslot.com/pages/power_slot_plus.php and http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectc...n_tc/index.html.
Must use 17 inch wheels or larger.
These came off a 2006 Scion tC which has the same front brakes and suspension as the last Celica, first gen Matrix/Vibe.

Condition and What's Included:
Excellent condition. Used for about 15,000 miles. I always engine brake/downshift to slow down, so mimimal use has been put onto these rotors. I never race and my car has never been taken to the track. I used new pads when I first installed these rotors. Today I removed those pads to find they have about 75% life remaining. I can include these pads as proof with receipt to show they were purchased at the same time as the rotors. All mounting hardware, original packaging, instructions, and original receipts are included.

Why I'm selling:
Absolutely nothing wrong with the brakes, but I need money to buy another set of wheels. I'm not interested in selling my current wheels, so I need to sell the brakes to raise funds.

$300. Located in Pomona 91766. Brand new they go for $500+. A Scionlife vendor is selling them new for $425+shipping front, which is the lowest I've seen.

Powerslot Plus vs. stock

On 18s

On stock Matrix 17s

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
they look nice and all but i heard they dont do much more than reg slotted rotors since the calipers are still the same and the pads are still the same size. how much do they weigh compared to stock rotors? i also heard the extension bracket was potentially not a good idea if you plan on racing. have you had any problems with the bracket set up. these look really nice and fill up thise wheels wuite nicely. g/l selling them :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got the brake kit for show, since i didnt have the cash to buy a real big brake kit. they are noticably heavier than stock rotors (since theyre 2 inches larger and 2 piece), but any big brake kit would have equally heavy rotors. i never had any problem with them, but I only daily drive my tC. the link to the Sport Compact Car article (in my original post) discussed the pros and cons. this is mainly a show mod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.