NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it for a month or so, good condition (check pics), got it on Ebay, of course the sleeve on the inside is loose, so you'll have to glue it back in. I used SUPERGLUE on it and it worked extremely well till I went to remove it. The sleeve threading is NOT stripped though so it still screws on tight, it's just the sleeve isn't attached to the knob. Anyway, I'm not trying to make a profit or rip anyone off so I'll let it go for $30 shipped in the US. Will do money order or PAYPAL.

PS I'm not hosting the pics so hopefully they stay up :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
i like the shift knob

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I don't do dibs, first one to email me with some time frame on payment, gets it. I got someone willing to pick it up, and for more than I asked, at this point that'll be kinda hard to beat, unless this turns into a bidding war...

:)

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
i want to know too, i was the first to say ill take it. but you said you got a local buyer, whats the scoop nooch?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Local guy called me once, I was working right then, hasn't called me back.

Shipping is included for $30 if ANYONE still wants it. Please email me and tell me you're going to PAYPAL or the money order is in the mail and I'll close the sale.

As of this moment the shiftknob is still for sale, ready to box up and ship.

BTW in the original post I tell you where I got it, although I'm unsure of how that could make a difference...?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
zcs626,
congrats on picking up what i consider possibly the best shift knob out there. do realize that the only reason this was discontinued by TRD was due to fitment problems. apparently, the white bushing inside was not wide enough to fit the inside diameter. this, therefore, makes the shift knob rather loose. it was more profitable for TRD just to discontinue the shift knob then to recall them all.
HOWEVER, there is a fix for this. i have this same shift knob (except i paid $75 for it brand new after calling every single dealership in the U.S. - finally found one left at Reno Toyota) and invented a fix for this. go to the seach function and type in: "TRD Aluminum/Leather shift knob" and you'll see my post on it. make sure to type it in EXACTLY that way or it won't come up. it's a very good resolution for the problem and is still going fine today. hope everything works out and, again, congrats on getting this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts