NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the different ways you can check for lack of fuel under WOT. Im guessing one way is to have a wideband o2 sensor, any other ways?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?
That should give some extra info...
Cheaper than a wideband o2-sensor. God knows.... I am looking to buy a wb o2, but damn, those things are pricey..

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
WBo2 is the only way worth your time. Honestly Soceur - as many times as you've hurt your car don't you think its worth spending a little money to make sure its actually running right? An AEM wideband O2 with meter is a hell of a lot cheaper than another engine rebuild.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would check fuel press, to make sure I am getting enough of it. Then I would get the wide band, but only if you are running pikes peak or driving from siberia to india where there are drastic changes.

Monitering sufficient fuel starts with pressure. Get the AEM WB. I use that when I am tunning.

BTW... what happened with the clutch??? Did you need stiffer then max

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
WBo2 is the only way worth your time. Honestly Soceur - as many times as you've hurt your car don't you think its worth spending a little money to make sure its actually running right? An AEM wideband O2 with meter is a hell of a lot cheaper than another engine rebuild.

actually i already ordered one, i was just curious thats why i asked. I do have a fuel gauge and its never shown below 4.5 bar i believe.

Originally posted by RXvedub
I would check fuel press, to make sure I am getting enough of it. Then I would get the wide band, but only if you are running pikes peak or driving from siberia to india where there are drastic changes.

Monitering sufficient fuel starts with pressure. Get the AEM WB. I use that when I am tunning.

BTW... what happened with the clutch??? Did you need stiffer then max
well after break in it started slipping. Ive had to dial it down to about 10 psi so it wont. When I crank the boost up it slips, I honestly dont know what the deal is.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
yeah its a bosche O2 sensor.......another thing if your injectors are being maxed out the PFC will flash your CEL slowly...quick flashes is detonation...so keep an eye on that CEL

·
Registered
573 Posts
O2 and EGT are the only reliable sensors to get notice of a lean running engine.

Fuel Press don't give you a real hint, if you're running lean or not.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Originally posted by Asha'man
O2 and EGT are the only reliable sensors to get notice of a lean running engine.

Fuel Press don't give you a real hint, if you're running lean or not.
Soceur's question wasn't specific about running lean, it was about getting enough fuel under WOT. For that a fuel pressure gauge is very usefull

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Immo said:
Soceur's question wasn't specific about running lean, it was about getting enough fuel under WOT. For that a fuel pressure gauge is very usefull
Not always - your tune can be lean as hell but you could have a ton of pressure. the pressure gauge is most useful in determining WHY you are going lean at top end (if its happening) - but it doesn't tell you if you ARE going lean.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Good point, I agree :)
The question is a bit ambigous indeed.. getting enough fuel...
- in the engine, use a wb 02 sensor
- at the injectors, use a fuel pressure gauge

·
Registered
573 Posts
@boosted: Thx
@Immo: Only when you're running lean and you know that everything else is ok. You can have lots of pressure and to small injectors or something else, like boosted says.

In 90% you can tune your car without a fuelpress gauge and you would gain no benefit with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts