NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done several searches here on the forums and haven't found anything on my problem, so if this something previously addressed I am sorry.

Anyhow, my fuel door isn't flush with the car. The hinge area is flush, but the rear-most portion sticks our a bit and looks like I didn't close it fully. Is there some sort of adjustment mechanism that got misaligned, or do you folks figure someone tried to pry my fuel door open?

·
Daddy Daycare
24,898 Posts
There's no adjustment mechanism for it. What you can try to do is bending the little tongue in the lock catch side a bit inward and see if that helps. I can't stress enough to do it carefully, these things are quite fragile.

·
Registered
183 Posts
First let me ask you this. Do you have a sound system in your car? Cause if you do, then that is what is making your fuel door stick out like it does. Mine does the same thing. This is my second fuel door, so when I put this one on, it set as flush as you would ever like it to be. But...when I started playing my subs up really loud, it started slowly sticking out.

My buddy is an audio electrician, and he told me that the way to get rid of that problem is to dynomat the trunk, but someone on here might have a different idea though. Sorry I could not help out any more than this, but it is the best I have offer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
neo: No system in this car, have had it since 2000. Good point though, as I have seen all sorts of sheetmetal warp from friends' systems.

Bar: Thanks for the confirmation. Like GSBoek said above, it looks pretty fragile, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I looked at it again.
There is a square hole; and when the door is closed, the pin is inside of it. There is a tongue on one side. You can wrap it with something to prevent paint scratching and bend it slightly using pliers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.