NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Hi. I just wanted to say I found this forum due to my fuel door missing! I'm so glad I did. I located a used fuel tank door on this site, under classifieds. It was from someone halfway around the world, and they shipped it to me right away! (None of the junk yards in my area had any Celicas, and I couldn't find any on Ebay either). I followed the person's advice on here, and took the replacement part with me up to the dealership, and they were more than happy to take off the old rusted hinge and put on the new fuel door for FREE! Thanks, so much!!!
I read a post about fuel door hinges breaking, mine had been stiff since I bought it (about 6 months), so I grabbed a can of lube, walked down to the car, popped the door open, and as I opened it to lube the hinges the lower hinge broke! :roflno: It broke as I went to keep it from breaking. How's that for luck!?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I have been spared so far. Making it a habit to lubricate every 3 months or so.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
I have been spared so far. Making it a habit to lubricate every 3 months or so.
Pfft...daily, sometimes multiple times a day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up making a new pin and cost me probably only $7 (actually free cause I had the material in my garage. Didn't have to rivet or drill. Works perfect and looks great. Made a short YouTube video for the repair if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
I ended up making a new pin and cost me probably only $7 (actually free cause I had the material in my garage. Didn't have to rivet or drill. Works perfect and looks great. Made a short YouTube video for the repair if anyone is interested...

That's great fixin, I wish mine had broken that way. Mine broke the hinge itself off the car, not the pin.

Also what year and build date is yours? I got a replacement used fuel door and it didn't have the gas cap holder part like I knew I had originally and everyone called me crazy saying none of them had that.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts