NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DA General
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been noticing as i drive my fuel level fluctuates drastically. when i slow down the fuel level drop about 3-5 bars and when i accelerate the bars return to their normal level.

anyone have any idea what may be causing this? My CEL is on but is a P0500 for a vehicle speed sensor. This problem was happening before and after the VSS broke so i dont think it has to do with that.

suggestions?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
thats really strange, the fuel gauge doesnt react that quickly. I ran across a situation where the gauge was stuck a 1/4 full even after a full tank of gas. I removed the pump assembly and the level indicator had fallen off. might want to just check that.

·
DA General
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right??? the fuel is sloshing around all the time, so i figured the floater or w/e has to be taking like an average reading. but soon as the floater dips from braking, drops instantly, and vise versa. Yeah i guess ill have to take it apart -_-'

Thank for the help Smaay, and if you have any pics of the pump assembly that could help me out, please PM for my email. In the meantime ill do a search to see if someone already posted pics.

The pump assembly is under the seat or in the tank?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
no they are not, that does not make sense. yes the pump assembly is under the passenger seat. look in the install section for installing the MWR fuel pump. its all there

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
how are they related?
The only way they are related is through the gauge cluster. There's a distant possibility that the gauge cluster is faulty and not interpreting voltage signals correctly, but I'd sooner check if the floater is loose and dangling around in the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.