NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 gts with:Aem cai, Trd exh, Trd header, Trd clutch, 68mm t/b, trd springs/shocks, hondata intake manifold gasket, hks grounding kit, camcon, and ultimate emanage. I have everything hooked up including camcon but not the ultimate emanage. My shop is having difficulty installing the ultimate emanage on my gts. They are saying the manual is incorrect. Does anybody have the correct installation instructions including wiring diagram for the ultimate emanage on to a 2000 gts. Any assistance will be very much appreciated.

I will be posting my dyno results of the camcon and greddy ultimate as soon as I can get the ultimate installed properly.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Are you saying your trying to hook up both the e-manage and the camcom at the same time?

They're both piggybacks. I thought you could only have one at a time. :shrugs:

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
PFC would elimnate both of those and probably cheaper

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
^^^What they all said.

I'm going with Camcon but that is only because I have an '03 with DBW so no PFC for me.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Post the Emanage and Camcom on here and sell them. Get a PFC, find a dyno shop and have it tuned, yull be much much happier. plenty of info on this board that will teach you how to tune it yourself as well.

I understand that no piggy backs for the celica work for more than a week, the stock ECU is tooo smart and fixes anything you change in time. So Ebay, or sell em on here and get the Apexi PFC. :naughty:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advise. but as far as I understand it, the APEXI PFC is a stand alone unit, that takes away your OBD 2 perameters. Therefore, if I had a check engine light for bent valves or any other problem i wouldnt even know it. Hence the reason i thought i would go with the CAMCON and GREEDY E Manage, which is basically the same functionality of PFC without lift adjustability. If anybody has any information on GREEDY E Manage install please let me know! Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
zero2toy said:
Post the Emanage and Camcom on here and sell them. Get a PFC, find a dyno shop and have it tuned, yull be much much happier. plenty of info on this board that will teach you how to tune it yourself as well.

I understand that no piggy backs for the celica work for more than a week, the stock ECU is tooo smart and fixes anything you change in time. So Ebay, or sell em on here and get the Apexi PFC. :naughty:

Since I don't have one myself, I can't be sure, but I've heard that the camcon adjustments do not get corrected by the celica ECU. I think it has to do with the fact that Camcon only kicks in at either 60% or full throttle, something like that. And the celica's ecu goes into an open loop at that same time so it does not notice the changes made by the camcon.

Again, I may be completely off, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Besides, I will be running the emanage for complete tuning including air/fuel ratio. While the camcon will only control vvtl-i or cam control. If anybody has done these 2 piggy backs as a hybrid tune please shed some light on how you installed the greddy emanage b/c my shop cannot figure it out. Also please post dyno's or even how much whp you made with these 2 piggy backs. I am pretty sure that the camcon and ultimate emanage tuned well on a celica with every possible bolt on will respond close if not the same as Apexi Pfc. Anybody who knows more on this area please share your ideas or experiences. Thanks very much

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
cross reference the table of connections with the diagram. There are I believe 3 wires that are incorrectly labeled on the diagram, but are correct on the table. That should solve your problem.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Camcon does not control vvtl-i, it actually makes you lose power while in Lift. Dyno proven on 8 matrix XRS.

·
Registered
576 Posts
GTSspeedfreak said:
Thanks for the advise. but as far as I understand it, the APEXI PFC is a stand alone unit, that takes away your OBD 2 perameters. Therefore, if I had a check engine light for bent valves or any other problem i wouldnt even know it. Hence the reason i thought i would go with the CAMCON and GREEDY E Manage, which is basically the same functionality of PFC without lift adjustability. If anybody has any information on GREEDY E Manage install please let me know! Thanks
If you are concerned about keeping the OBD II parameters you might want to looking into the Hydra EMS. I sent them an email asking them about it, and they said you can retain the OBD II features.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Any experienced driver can know if something is wrong with their car, get the PFC and carry the stock ECU (like me) in your car, if you feel that something is off, put the stock one back in. BTW you should not need a ECU to tell you that you have a bent valve.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know what your saying and I agree with you however, I have had bent valves and my car ran as if nothing was wrong, the only way I could tell was because of the check engine light which would keep coming back after I reset it. You guys are starting to convince me that maybe I should sell the emanage and camcon and get a PFC. The problem is I already invested money in both piggy backs and have paid for install of the camcon and attempted install of the emanage. If my shop says they are not going to retry the install of the emanage I might actually sell both ecu's.

I am actually amazed that the camcon lost power in lift for certain cars. I was convinced that it actually made power b/c I have seen a fair amount of dyno's where it improved lift by as much as 12whp!

If anybody has attempted to tune camcon and lost power please post. I am afraid I may have made the wrong decision for purchasing these 2 piggy backs
b/c I did want to increase power as much as possible.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Has anybody on this site actually tuned the hydra ems on the celica gts to actually make whp like the pfc can?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
GTSspeedfreak said:
I am actually amazed that the camcon lost power in lift for certain cars. I was convinced that it actually made power b/c I have seen a fair amount of dyno's where it improved lift by as much as 12whp!

If anybody has attempted to tune camcon and lost power please post.
I should have some Camcon data within the next 3 weeks or so. I have one and plan on installing after I take out my cat and get a bung welded into my exhaust for my wideband O2 sensor. Once I have the sensor in place, I am going to get my camcon installed and tuned.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If the shop can actually install my emanage properly so it works I will have both the camcon and emanage tuned by Tuesday. Hopefully, my setup will net me the same power as a pfc, if not I will probably go with the pfc.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
what ever happend to this, i just came up on a camcon, and my shop is also suggesting bolting on my greddy charger with both the ultimate greddy/camcon piggy backs. but it seems this hasnt been done before. i too have a dbw.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts