NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member, and I was wondering if y'all could help me with this issue.

I have a 2000 Celica GT-S, and the tach, speedo, and odometer gauges don't work. The illumination, temp, and, although slow, the gas gauge works. Also, the dummy lights work as well, the person before me has had this problem for about a year; however, in her case, the gauges worked intermittently, mainly when it was cold.

Any help is appreciated,

Brian D.

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
I would pull the cluster out and make sure the connectors on the back are both plugged in. Also, you can check for any burn marks on the circuit board or a blown capacitor. Take pics and post em too, to see if in Celi-Masters can see anything wrong.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,508 Posts
Check the multi-fuses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive checked every fuse I could find, even the ones in the console, but to no avail. I know of a guy in town who can send the cluster off to get refurbished for about $149.

·
15,508 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
How well does ur alt work? And check the alts fuze as well... i blew my alt fuse way back and it gave me the same issue

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my alternator is usually around 13.8-13.9. I removed the dash, and put it back, and same stuff. I get perfect readings through the ECU via a obd 2 kiwi.

·
Registered
709 Posts
having the same problem except my whole cluster doesn't work, and for some reason my auto sensing light/drls aren't working either, all the fuses are fine and its connected properly

·
15,508 Posts
Checked the multi-fuses?

·
Registered
709 Posts
yea they're fine, it started with my speedometer not working right but the sensors fine, a friend told my I probably need a whole new cluster but I was hoping for another solution so that my odometer would read correctly

·
15,508 Posts
Gauge lights up ok but no readings or just dead? Any other items not working?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Nevermind rechecked one of the connectors wasn't in all the way but my speedo still doesn't work, and my speed sensor has been tested so not sure why I'm not getting a reading.

·
15,508 Posts
Check the BKUP LP fuse or make sure your backup lights are working.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts