NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install my Rjautowork gauges. When you take the stock gauge's face off. How do you get the needle off as well for the mph and rpm. There is only a whole to install a needle on the aftermaket ones. I need to take the need off of the stock face or do you just lay them over each other?

I'm talking about the little black needle that stops a zero. Not the orange needle.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I use a butter knife to pop them off put a blade on both sides and wedge up evenly so you don't bend the metal peice.. also before you do that take the needle stops off.. so you don't end up like me with a broken needle stop also when you get done putting it back together turn the key to the setting before start and then put the needles on this will ensure an accurate reading

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
WhiteStallionGT said:
I'm talking about the little black needle that stops a zero. Not the orange needle.
MrThundercleese said:
I use a butter knife to pop them off put a blade on both sides and wedge up evenly so you don't bend the metal peice.. also before you do that take the needle stops off..
Reading comprehension > MrThundercleese

As for the black needle STOPPERS, just push them out with your thumb from the back of the gauge face. Don't pull on them because they break easily and will be a b!tch to find replacements.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i just layed it flat on a table black needle stops sticking up and push down on the guage face next to it and they pop out

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Careful, those basterds shoot pretty far into the air

1 - 9 of 9 Posts