NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so my pressure plate just went (i shift too aggresively according to my mechanic lolol) soooo im looking into getting a high performance clutch kit. not a flywheel cuz i dont need the low rpm slippage. anyways, ive narrowed my choices to Spec's clutch kits, ive heard great things about them and they are affordable. so my choices are either a stage 1, stage 2, or a stage 3. stage 1 is about 270. and stage 2 and 3 are the same at 305. im thinking bout going w stage 3 except that its a 6puck clutch disc... and my cars also for dding. so! i need something durable and thats able to withstand my harsh driving style, that wont chatter in low RPMs like a 6 puck would (so ive heard) and also that engages easily like oem almost (obviously i dont want oem)

p.s. im also using my car to teach my gf how to drive stick.

if any of you are using a stage 3 spec 6 puck clutch kit let me know how its going for you. or for that matter any 6puck clutch kit. i have an 04 gt.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
i think you need a stage 12...

every manufacturer has different degrees of stages, thats why i hate that term! if you are not making any more power over a few bolt ons, you dont need a puck clutch, just get an OEM replacement. i guess that would be a stage 1.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
RPS street disc and done.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
i shift too aggresively according to my mechanic
so in other words your in high school trying to impress your friends by doing burn outs and continuously toasting your clutch(s). with a GT and no mods to increase HP or torque why get anything above an oem spec clutch.....

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no im not in highschool and no im not doing burnout. its pretty hard to burnouts with a front wheel drive too so theyre kinda pointless.... ANYWAYS! no i just dont ease off the clutch. i know a lot of companies have their own terms for stages which is why i also said the companie's name. anyways, i might just go with a stage two.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nvm. stage one it is. its a bit better than oem but will hold up better and longer not to mention its great for drifting while the others are more for drag. ps to those who were thinking my car is stock... idk why youd think that

·
6k, 6.1k, 6.LIIFFFTTTT!!!
1,345 Posts
stage one it is. its a bit better than oem, not to mention its great for drifting while the others are more for drag.
HAHAHA :chuckles: this MIGHT be sig worthy!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if we're talking about spec's clutches, anything above stage 1 is mostly made for drag racing and what not, maybe their stage 2 and stage 2+ would be good for drifting but not classified as so

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
if we're talking about spec's clutches, anything above stage 1 is mostly made for drag racing and what not, maybe their stage 2 and stage 2+ would be good for drifting but not classified as so

Pssst - You can't drift a front wheel drive car dude.....

·
1,345 Posts

·
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ofcourse its not legit drifting, but its a good mimic of it. only difference is that its nots as wide an angle and the more you try to control it the straighter the drift lines gonna be. however, if you take a picture of a fwd in mid power slide, if you didnt know if the cars fwd or rwd, one would just say, " HEY LOOK HES DRIFTING!!! :werd:"

·
Registered
383 Posts
You over steer and lose traction in any-wheel drive. Physics doesn't know the difference....

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
just to put it lightly dont get a new clutch to drift or do anything like that, you will end up breaking something else. Drift cars have alot of suspension mods, bars, etc on them so they wont roll, break or other.
Enjoy the fwd car and the economy it gets :p

·
Registered
76 Posts
ofcourse its not legit drifting, but its a good mimic of it. only difference is that its nots as wide an angle and the more you try to control it the straighter the drift lines gonna be. however, if you take a picture of a fwd in mid power slide, if you didnt know if the cars fwd or rwd, one would just say, " HEY LOOK HES DRIFTING!!! :werd:"
No, it is not a good "mimic" of it. When you're doing it for the glory of being able to hold a photo of that moment a couple of seconds before your car either;
A. Spun out because there is virtually no control in a fwd "drift"

or

B. Just stopped because there's not enough power to keep a "drift" going.

and say i can drift, instead of an actual passion or pursuit you're gonna end up with repair bills for parts that you probably don't even know exist, if not for the whole car itself when you end up ass end into a pole. If you're young and want to get into drifting go buy a nissan, rwd turbo tends to be a bit more helpful than fwd na...

·
The Best User
659 Posts
um ok my clutch and prolly the rest of the stuff in volved with that, flywheel master/slave cylender need to be replaced, i am most likely going to be doing turbo or supercharger next year, i have a 2000 celica gt, and because it needs to be replaced i figured i might as well put in the best one that will handle it now, so i dont have to swap it out later i am new to this stuff and was wondering what all i need and what the best one would be

1 - 20 of 21 Posts