NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting cel from doing the butterfly mod & i double check everything is connected. the instructions say i should plug one of the hoses.. but the instructions is kind of confusing.. could it be one of the hoses i didn't plug that caused a cel??

9) Pull off the hose that is attached to

the butterfly valve and plug the end of the hose up!
10) Slide the Butterfly valve straight

up. It has two clips on the bottom (can be reached by

hand under bottom of intake) that need moved slightly to

allow the butterfly to come loose.
11) Place the butterfly hose back in the

same slot that it came out of. As to not interfere with

other moving parts of the motor.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
your the first person i've read about to screw up the butterfly mod..try resetting your battery and see if the cell comes back if it does put the butterfly back in and see if it goes away. if it doesnt you missed a step

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
i actually have to agree. i havent met anyone who had the issue ;) but yea remove battery negative for liek 10 min and see what happens. sounds like that tube isnt sealed well enough. i used a large screw and electrical tape w/o issues :)

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
There is a small vacuum nipple on the intake manifold in front of the throttle body - thats what you need to cap or plug.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stupid me... after i posted i realize i forgot to reset the ecu by unplugging the ground from the battery, i guess that's what happens when i work on my car before i have to go to work..

·
Registered
700 Posts
are you glad you did the mod? i heard it gives more bogging from 0-4k rpm and only better top end performance. Are you still running stock airbox?

·
Registered
117 Posts
wnanna said:
are you glad you did the mod? i heard it gives more bogging from 0-4k rpm and only better top end performance. Are you still running stock airbox?
you heard it right. there is a dead spot between ~3200-4000rpm on my car and its quite noticeable. i'd rather have my low end torque back than a little gain in hp up top. PO removed it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i dont understand why you have to clog the hose... what it you leave it attached, what happens?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
There is a small vacuum nipple on the intake manifold in front of the throttle body - thats what you need to cap or plug.
What is that nipple's purpose? Like, where does the hose that is attached to it go?

·
Registered
403 Posts
There's no bogging at all when I did this mod, sure is safer then when I had my cai lol. I'll probably get a sri soon with a heat shield. Would a sri with heat shield have more performance gain then doing the butterfly mod? Not looking at cai anymore btw. Anyone can help, let me know, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts