NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help. i was launching at 2500 and hooking up alittle. i have 17 inch bronze falkens. very light and i could grab. i have an 02 gts with greddy cat back, header)dc style), intake, lowered 2 inches. i raced a guy on the street with slicks and he had a ser. he ran a 14.5 i think and smoked him but at the track i was just ****. what should i do? I was thinking about slicks or radials. im going to get clutch and flywheel in the future. Lend me your ears.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
What kind of tires are you running right now? How did you launch at 2500? Was it a dump or slip? I can already tell you you're launching too low. Post the break down of your slip. It'll be easier to see what you are and aren't doing right.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Originally posted by EzRidA
What kind of tires are you running right now? How did you launch at 2500? Was it a dump or slip? I can already tell you you're launching too low. Post the break down of your slip. It'll be easier to see what you are and aren't doing right.
Ditto. You have falken rims or tires? Falken tires are really crappy, unless they are azenis, and even so some would argue that they suck. What was your tires pressure also?

Dan would know the most about this, but i would recommend launching anywhere above 4500-5000 on the track, so when you get traction, you are in lift (6000+ rpm). You need to slip/dump the clutch.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are falken tires as well. tire pressure at 35. i was going to lower them but i was running new tires. thinking about investin in the some kuhmo drag radials on some steelies. i tried launching higher at like 4000-5000 but burned out to redline. then feather gas pedal at 4000 at worked alitle better. just wandering whether i should swap those tires for drags when i got the track.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
You don't need to. On good street tires I can pull 2.1xx's 60's. On ok street tires 2.2xx and low 2.3xx are the norm.

Are the falkens you have Azenis or no?

It takes practice to get the launch down. I didn't run great times over night it was a gradual process. I find the best zone to launch on street tires 5-5500rpm and just slip the clutch until you have enough traction to go WOT.

Do post your complete slip though.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
The tire pressure needs to be in the low 20's in order to grip on street tires. Your tires are the other culprit. I would invest in a good set of tires, or DR's if you want good times. Keep feathering!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts