NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys.... the celica is gonna have some junk in the trunk as they say.

In exactly one month the car will be going into the body shop to become a "wide load"...

For those that care about how crazy I am and would like to read about what i am doing... then continue reading ;)

Being an artist and going to school for graphic design i have designed my own wide body kit. I am having it custom made and done on the car. It will be totally one of a kind and there will be no celica ever like it. I have shown my concept sketches to some people, but I will not release em until work has begun and i post progress pics because the car will be in the shop for an entire month.

I showed it to shawn (hioctane) and he told me its nice, not totally his style, but he said once its actually done it will probably grow on him. The only other person on this site that will get to see it I have decided is Joe (u should feel honored, lol) Ill pm u the pics later tonight, post on here what u think of it. The reason I am not publicizing pics of what it will look like right now is because I dont want the concept sketches getting in the hands of an actual body kit company.

I currently am filling out many different sponsorship applications with the sketches included to each company so that they see what it will look like. My first sponsor focus is on some deep dish wheels, so keep an eye out because i may have my g-games for sale in a couple months...

By having the car designed after my own designs, it will be a great advertisement at shows for myself of my design skills, as well as being able to supply pictures of the design and the actual product to companies when I am looking for a job after college. After this work is done, Ive decided that i will be never getting rid of the car since it will be totally unique and "my own". Come the end of college, i will get a job, save up money and buy a different car and store the celica in a garage. (that is the long term plan).

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
these have always been my dream deep dish wheels...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
nice just dont make it look stupid... like that other guy on this site who pretty much almost done with his custum widebody... go with more of clean widebody look..

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill give pricing once its finished, lol
ya those r my dream wheels RH j8's.... one of the many companies i am applying for a sponsorship with.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
showed it to one of my tuner buddies from school who is currently puttin a turbo on his 2 door accord and he thought it is goin to look sick when it gets done.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I just wanted to say, this is going to look "original" and very "unique". I seen the pictures, because greg is a teacher to me on photoshop, and has taught me various techniques, I asked him how to do something...I then asked can I look at this so called "original" body kit, and may I say it will be very very nice your in for a treat.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and u r the last to see it.... 3 people on nc.org is enough of its viewing... no more!!!

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
im just wantin it to be a surprise for everyone including myself. Cause by the time its done, it will be delivered to me in FL on a towe truck cause school will have started by the time its done. But what is nice is I have a friend takin a year off from school to work and save some money and so he is gonna stop by the shop every couple days to take pics to email and update with me in case somethin needs to be changed asap. Plus he has similar style taste to me with the car and so he knows exactly what im wanting, in fact when i designed it i collaborated with him a lil bit on it for his input.

another nice thing is down the road from my school is an antique car museum but they also have recent cars in there as well, the more rare the more common in that museum, lol. Well anyways they dont own any of the cars except for 2, one being a concept car. Anyways, its all locally owned cars that basically let the place display em for the free showroom garage house keeping. So I am going to talk with them when I am down in FL to see if I can keep it there rather than at my school with a locked car cover, lol.... next summer i really need to get an apartment with a garage!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Best of luck, sounds like it's going to cost you an arm and a leg. Sounds like it's time to get a beater car...

Sponsors for wheels are gonna be tough. Alot of places I found in my past only sponsor you if your car is 1-2 years old.

silverCELICAgt-s said:
these have always been my dream deep dish wheels...

We had those on our 350Z. Gorgeous wheels.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya im lookin into the whole sponsor thing, havent contacted anyone bout wheels yet. But I did get in touch with a good high end audio company whose needing to sponsor some cars down in FL and are interested in seeing the concept shots.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Well good luck. An easy wheel sponsor is Motegi. I had them for the Probe and Celica for 3 years. NEVER bent a rim.

I bent 2 Konigs!!!! I'll never get Konig again. EVER.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ill pass on the konigs ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts