NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
I just have 1 problem... Why do they have to call everybody that is good at what they do god of something? If they are truely god of something they will be unbeatable, hell Michael Schumacher (sp?) is as close to god at F1 racing as one can get yet these noob street racer are the ones that gets to be called god... Just sad...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool2miketlu said:
I just have 1 problem... Why do they have to call everybody that is good at what they do god of something? If they are truely god of something they will be unbeatable, hell Michael Schumacher (sp?) is as close to god at F1 racing as one can get yet these noob street racer are the ones that gets to be called god... Just sad...
Because Asians concept of god is different from the western concept of God. In Asia, particularly Chinese culture, there is a god for everything. If someone has a good reputation for being one of the best, sometimes they are hyped up as being "god of this". It's a language and cultural difference and when it's translated literally, the word means "god" or "spirit" but you should not take it literally.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
nyoneway said:
cool2miketlu said:
Because Asians concept of god is different from the western concept of God. In Asia, particularly Chinese culture, there is a god for everything. If someone has a good reputation for being one of the best, sometimes they are hyped up as being "god of this". It's a language and cultural difference and when it's translated literally, the word means "god" or "spirit" but you should not take it literally.
Ehhh I am Chinese and I know that God concept, just that it is way too easy to be called god now adays. To tell you the truth I am not that impressed with this street racers driving, seen better driving than his on the streets. He must be the weak HK god of street racer...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I agree because that I wasn't that impressed either. I'm definately upto the level to challenge him, however I don't do that sort of thing anymore. I moved on.

But since you said that you're Chinese, you should know Chinese TV tend to use impressive words to describe everything and this should need no more explaination.

·
Registered
903 Posts
haha go HK. should watch initial D the movie

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
nyoneway said:
But since you said that you're Chinese, you should know Chinese TV tend to use impressive words to describe everything and this should need no more explaination.
Yes I do know that, thus I have a problem with my people using these terms so loosely.
I seem to recally making 3 consecutive 1/2 court shot in a campus carnival game, I am called god of basketball by people who saw it... Big freaking deal they were lucky shots, have me shoot again I would be lucky to make just 1 now... But I was called god anyways...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cool2miketlu said:
Yes I do know that, thus I have a problem with my people using these terms so loosely.
I seem to recally making 3 consecutive 1/2 court shot in a campus carnival game, I am called god of basketball by people who saw it... Big freaking deal they were lucky shots, have me shoot again I would be lucky to make just 1 now... But I was called god anyways...
:king:

When it comes to competition and skills, we're a bunch of underachievers. Just look at HK TV competition/game show/talent shows (or japanese for that matter), oh man it's embarrassing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts