NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys believe in god?? if so post ur thought on him.....

personaly i have gone to church pretty much every single sunday but never really "believed" in god until acouple months ago. now i'm starting to believe in him as the days pass on.... a little faith can do wonders in ones life

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
i this this is 1 of like 3 topics that shouldn't be brought up for discussion on a forum....

·
Banned
1,944 Posts
im not sure whether i believe in higher power, i dont know the answer and i don't pretend to like some people. but i find it very hard believe in god in the sense that organized religion portrays "HIM"

imo moses went on a mountain and carved stuff into stones because the people were getting out of hand and they needed to be controlled. from that stems judism, christianity and islam

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sO mAnY mOdS said:
im not sure whether i believe in higher power, i dont know the answer and i don't pretend to like some people. but i find it very hard believe in god in the sense that organized religion portrays "HIM"

imo moses went on a mountain and carved stuff into stones because the people were getting out of hand and they needed to be controlled. from that stems judism, christianity and islam
first off i would like to say "welcome" to the forum. where in LI do you live??

second i would like to say that "christianity" began long b4 moses delieved the 10 commandments.

third i would like to say ..... how did u get islam from the 10 commandments??? :confused: ....didn't islam start when that guy (sorry don't know the name) went on journey to mecca??

·
Banned
4,595 Posts
Well I believe in God. However I don't believe in church. IMO the church has become wayyy too political. I believe God wouldn't care if you worshipped him in a church or on your own time.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
JCelica132 said:
i this this is 1 of like 3 topics that shouldn't be brought up for discussion on a forum....
It is, this discussion has come up before.

Mike, the reason why it shouldn't be brought up is that it could start lots of fighting/hatred amongst one another because people obviously hold their beliefs close to their hearts. Any attack, or disbelief, in another's religion is an attack on the person itself. I just wanted to state that.

To answer your original question... yes I believe in God. :)

My question to you is what made you believe so much more so now? What was your epiphany?

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
evil eye said:
It is, this discussion has come up before.
not in the NE section ;)

evil eye said:
Mike, the reason why it shouldn't be brought up is that it could start lots of fighting/hatred amongst one another because people obviously hold their beliefs close to their hearts. Any attack, or disbelief, in another's religion is an attack on the person itself. I just wanted to state that.
i didn't ask any1 to state what is good or bad. all i wanted to know is

do you guys believe in god?? if so post ur thought on him.....
evil eye said:
My question to you is what made you believe so much more so now? What was your epiphany?
well alot of things in my life has been going wrong over the past couple years (personal, school and work) and i was working with a co-worker one night and she opened my eyes to the bible. after i started reading it and better understanding it, i started seing little changes in my life that turn out pretty good.

so as i keep on reading it, i better unerstand it and it makes me a better person = better choices in life

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Well... first off, before I voice my opinion let me say this:
I mean no offence to anyones religon, beliefs or traditions.

That being said, I believe in a higher power. But I also believe that the nature and reality of that higher power has be distorted beyond recognition by major religion, namely the Catholic Church.
What do I believe that God is? What is the one force that is both everywhere and nowhere? That time has no affect on? What do I think God is?

One word: Energy.

Energy can neither be created nor distroyed, it is in such a state that space and time mean nothing to it, it is everything we touch, smell, taste, hear, see... it is everything that ever was or will be.
It is everything and it is nothing. It is what we all are, and if the human "soul" is anything... it is energy.

Now, that is assuming that God is a force that is confined to this universe, and that is quite an assumtion. But it's an assumption far less far fetched than some of those found in the Bible.

Oh yeah... The Bible.
Let me clue you all in on something: The Bible was NOT faxed from heaven.
It was passed on, altered, and revised by countless mouths, minds, centuries, and Kings. And if you don't think that any one of them changed its contents to better suit their political or personal motives.... you're kidding yourself. Is it a valuable document that chronicles the hardships and moral dilemas faced by peoples over the ages? Yes. Is it a true and accurate portrayal of God, or the true nature of Jesus and others that should be taken as word for word fact? No.
...Hell No.

My religion, my insight into the mind of the creator is science.
I truly believe that there, and only there is where humanity will find the most ultimate of truths.

And, if anyone is interested, here's some good reading for those who might entertain the same ideas I do.

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
S|Lv3rBu||et said:
Oh yeah... The Bible.
Let me clue you all in on something: The Bible was NOT faxed from heaven.
It was passed on, altered, and revised by countless mouths, minds, centuries, and Kings. And if you don't think that any one of them changed its contents to better suit their political or personal motives.... you're kidding yourself. Is it a valuable document that chronicles the hardships and moral dilemas faced by peoples over the ages? Yes.
...Hell No.

while i totaly agree with you about the changes made to the bible but the basic story/message stays the same/unchanged. it is a history book (if you want to look at it like so). i do believe jesus and god exist though. that is so in every single variation of the bible

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I lost a lot of faith in Christianity when the whole pedifile priests issue came up...These priests are telling me not to sin, but they are raping little boys? I believe in a higher power and an afterlife, not much else...I believe in evolution, and I believe in the big bang...but that dust ball had to of been created somehow, and thats where I think God comes in. I like to believe that my family and friends who aren't here anymore can watch down and see me today, and that I can communicate with them through prayers, mostly just for peace of mind that they are still here, not totally gone...im just babbling on now, so im going to stop about here

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Originally posted by TRD StreetRacing
while i totaly agree with you about the changes made to the bible but the basic story/message stays the same/unchanged. it is a history book (if you want to look at it like so). i do believe jesus and god exist though. that is so in every single variation of the bible
Exactly! But do you believe that the bibles' portrayal of God and Jesus as historical figures is accurate? Do yourself a favor, if you have not yet... read "The DaVinci Code," it'll give you a new outlook as to who, and what kind of man Jesus was.

Originally posted by IllicaCelica
I believe in a higher power and an afterlife, not much else...I believe in evolution, and I believe in the big bang...but that dust ball had to of been created somehow, and thats where I think God comes in.
Check out that link I put in my first post, I have a feeling you'll really dig that book. ;)

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
normally i would chime in on this topic...but for ONCE if you can believe it.....im gonna TRY and keep my mouth shut...cause im sure id piss a few people off......well that or i wouldnt shut up

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
TRD StreetRacing said:
well alot of things in my life has been going wrong over the past couple years (personal, school and work) and i was working with a co-worker one night and she opened my eyes to the bible. after i started reading it and better understanding it, i started seing little changes in my life that turn out pretty good.

so as i keep on reading it, i better unerstand it and it makes me a better person = better choices in life
Good man, I'm glad you are having a positive outlook on life through God. :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.