NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out my car was white. I had a deposition and the lawyer from toyota was cool but the one from my dealership tore me up. In the end they will get theirs though.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I think he is saying he bought a car from his dealership and it turned out it was wrecked and then painted black to cover everything up where it was originally white. He is taking the dealership to court over it and the lawyer from toyota was cool but the one from the dealership was an a$$. He is going to pay in the end tho. [email protected] I am good.

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
thanx for the translation:thumbup:

that's screwed up that a dealer could do that. I'm guessing it was a used car. so I guess you should end up w/ a brand new car:gap:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
It probably will get down to one issue, can it be proven that the dealership knew the car had been wrecked and did not disclose it. If Raptor is right I don't quite understand why they would paint it black as it shows much more than white? Another option while not as obvious would be the previous owner simply decided he wanted a black car and there has been no damage. On the other hand it could mean............................?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The car was sold to me as a demo and then when the signing of the papers came they switched it to used. It had 6800 miles on it. The paint started flaking off the bumper and I did a title search and found they got it from auction. It used to be white and someone painted it black. It had a new window sticker on it but I can't find it anywhere. Basically=misrepresentation. Toyota motorcorp wants to schedule an inspection for april 15. The hearing is on april 25. Wish me luck. I think I have a good case though. I mentioned this site in the deposition....Raptor, you are good.....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Im sure you will win. Although I am confused why Toyota has to get involved. It would seem its all the dealers fault and they are to make repairations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts