NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my amps ground was being gay.. and i found out that it needed to be closer (dont laugh but i put it to neg batt) and i was wondering.. where are these bolts behind the seats or whatever?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
If you remove the plastics inside of the trunk, you will see a few grounding blocks attached to bare metal. I know there is one on the driver's side wall in the trunk.

I believe they are white with multiple wires going to it and it's also attached to a screw going to the chasis.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts

BJ

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
Don't bother with all that. Fold your rear seats down, in the middle there is a t-bracket that holds the seats. Remove the seats and then remove the t-bracket, ground there, reinstall seats.

·
Registered
107 Posts
T3HKMAN said:
Don't bother with all that. Fold your rear seats down, in the middle there is a t-bracket that holds the seats. Remove the seats and then remove the t-bracket, ground there, reinstall seats.
Yea thats what I did. Just be sure to scrape off the paint to get the best possible connection. I'm not sure how good it would be for some high powered applications, but for my 250 watt amp it works just fine.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol well i just used the things that poke outta the trunk carpet.. i unbolted it.. took off the plastic piece between the trunk and the seats.. run my ground wire through there.. and then used an eyelit ground thing... then put that between the frame of the car and the piece that pokes outta the carpet and put the bolt through there and tightened it back down.... thanks anyways!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts