NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be trading my GT in this fall/winter for an 04 or 05 G35 Coupe. I am waiting till then so I will break even in a few months. Right now I have a good amount of inequity. (I owe more than its worth)

I have gotten my car appraised for 10,000 even. Ill be right around 10,000 when I get rid of it if not under.

The point is, I am 19, I'll be 20 on October 5TH and I am going to be getting the car AND insurance in my name for the first time. It is currently in my fathers name. Both the loan and the insurance.

I have gotten a few quotes under my name and their high. Of course I expected as much but SOME have been REALLY high. Anyone know of anyone that is good with insuring drivers with many tickets on their record?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,690 Posts
IMHO if you have to ask these questions then you really can't afford to do what you want to do.

I'm 32 (Masters degree in chemistry), married to a physician and we still can't afford a G35...

I drove a '78 Celica until I was 27, and it was quite affordable (payments and insurance).

It's all perspective.

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by autxr
IMHO if you have to ask these questions then you really can't afford to do what you want to do.

I'm 32 (Masters degree in chemistry), married to a physician and we still can't afford a G35...

I drove a '78 Celica until I was 27, and it was quite affordable (payments and insurance).

It's all perspective.

Scott
I can afford it with no problem. But its MY money and I feel I have the right to want the cheapest possible rate. I am in the mid 30's salary wise so Insurance wont be a problem.

I just want to save as much as possible without sacrificing quality service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UNFORTUNATELY, I will not be able to get the G35. Well, actually I am ABLE, but I cannot justify the prices I received on insurance.

Making what I make salary wise, I can afford the payment but I can anot justify shelling out such cash.

Get ready. My quote for the G35 with 1000 deductibles was.........................
































1400 a month!!!!!!!!!! Lowest quote I got.

Not worth the waste, really.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Holy s**t. That's damn high :AF:. What kind of tickets have you had and how many in the last 3 years? That totally suck man. Hopefully you can find something that you like and is affordable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Adam_TRD
Holy s**t. That's damn high :AF:. What kind of tickets have you had and how many in the last 3 years? That totally suck man. Hopefully you can find something that you like and is affordable.
I am waiting on one more hook up. A friend of a friend, but I doubt that it will go in my desired range.

If it dont go well, I will have to rakc up a couple of clean years and try again. Meantime, Ill do 2zz swap.
Main factors:

1 - Live in north philadelphia (crime ridden POS hood)
2 - I am 20 as of October 5th.
3 - I have 5 tickets, 3 speeding 1 Failure to yield, 1 redlight ran.
4 - I have had my license suspended already
5 - No credit


All the tickets but one were about 2 years ago give or take. But It is still within the asking range of any insurance company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
autxr said:
IMHO if you have to ask these questions then you really can't afford to do what you want to do.

I'm 32 (Masters degree in chemistry), married to a physician and we still can't afford a G35...

I drove a '78 Celica until I was 27, and it was quite affordable (payments and insurance).

It's all perspective.

Scott
I hear you. Seems like recently everyone on here talks about getting a G35 like they would a new pair of shoes.

I have my Celica paid for and went and got another car that I could afford but got rid of it not two weeks later at a few hundred dollars loss. Trading an entire years worth of my life at work for something that would be dropping in value all the while just didn't seem like such a great idea anymore. Maybe I just hate my job too much!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,407 Posts
See if you can talk to your dad and get the same deal you have on your celica... Other than that your going to pay the mob to ins it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
With that "mid 30's" salary, your pulling in maybe $2500/month net? How the hell are you "able" to afford $1400/month for insurance, plus payments on a $30,000+ car? A 5 year loan will run you about $700/month, leaving you with $400 a month for gas, food, etc. You need to take some kind of how to handle your finances course. You don't want to be one of those idiots that racks up thousands of dollars in credit card debt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Tikked Again
Progressive is the best I know of
That WAS progressive. :(

Originally posted by stein
See if you can talk to your dad and get the same deal you have on your celica... Other than that your going to pay the mob to ins it!
I dont want the car in his name. period.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by djm221
With that "mid 30's" salary, your pulling in maybe $2500/month net? How the hell are you "able" to afford $1400/month for insurance, plus payments on a $30,000+ car? A 5 year loan will run you about $700/month, leaving you with $400 a month for gas, food, etc. You need to take some kind of how to handle your finances course. You don't want to be one of those idiots that racks up thousands of dollars in credit card debt.
1 - That leaves me with a lil over 1000 a month, not 400.

2 - The payment for th car is about 400-500. You have no idea how much I am putting down plus My celica.

3 - I can afford it. End of story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
djm221 said:
With that "mid 30's" salary, your pulling in maybe $2500/month net? How the hell are you "able" to afford $1400/month for insurance, plus payments on a $30,000+ car? A 5 year loan will run you about $700/month, leaving you with $400 a month for gas, food, etc. You need to take some kind of how to handle your finances course. You don't want to be one of those idiots that racks up thousands of dollars in credit card debt.
:stupid:
If you would have read what he posted, he already said he could afford it but didn't want to pay the $1,400 a month on insurance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Adam_TRD
:stupid:
If you would have read what he posted, he already said he could afford it but didn't want to pay the $1,400 a month on insurance.
I want to pay 500 or less. Otherwise, ill patiently wait and just mod the celica and wait a yr or two and try again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Cheapest insurance I could find was Alfa. I have 4 speeding tickets and 1 at-fault accident in the last 3 years. I'm paying $446/month insurance and $223/month car payment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by vip09
Cheapest insurance I could find was Alfa. I have 4 speeding tickets and 1 at-fault accident in the last 3 years. I'm paying $446/month insurance and $223/month car payment.
website?
 

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
Joined
·
3,774 Posts
After looking at a 350Z for a while, I came up with the same coclusions you have so far Manny. That's why I'll be keeping the celica for another couple of years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Littleguy
After looking at a 350Z for a while, I came up with the same coclusions you have so far Manny. That's why I'll be keeping the celica for another couple of years.
YES. iT SUPER SUCKS. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
dude, i'm even suprised you can afford a gt. You guys spend too much money on your cars. Dont you guys save at all or does all your money go straight to your car? I currently make mid 40's and I feel that my 2000 gt-s fits my budget nicely. I wouldnt consider buying anything more expensive. But then again, i have a gf. Celica payments + insurance < money spend on gf. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
I just called around to the different agents in my area... I got totally different quotes from different agents from the same company.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top