NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share with everybody that I got a great rate from esurance.com. Progressive was my provider, but then esurance gave me a better rate--$20 cheaper each month. I went from $70 to $50 per month. I'm not spamming--I just know how money can be tight for some of us college kids and wanted to share.

Jon

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
esurance is known to change rates drsatically after the first payment.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they do. That is because their payment plan calls for 37% up front, with the other payments making up about 17%. I'm in the process of asking them for a straight-forward 6-month plan.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I pay almost $550 a month through esurance and that was the cheapest quote i received.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I pay almost $550 a month through esurance and that was the cheapest quote i received.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$550/month? Damn.

BTW, my insurance is liability only for a 1990 Nissan Maxima SE.

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Has anyone actually filed a claim?

That's the true test of an insurance company.. cheap rates are great unless the company sucks

john

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Butt Dyno
Has anyone actually filed a claim?

That's the true test of an insurance company.. cheap rates are great unless the company sucks

john
Agreed. Service is something that should be near the top of priority list. Mainly because the insurance is there to fix your car when wrecked. You dont want a company that will **** u in a claim or drop u soon after.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is true, however I have had claim trouble with big name companies before (Farmer's, AllState) and don't really have alot of faith in them anymore.

Jon

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1
That is true, however I have had claim trouble with big name companies before (Farmer's, AllState) and don't really have alot of faith in them anymore.

Jon

I think its basically what you feel comfortable with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like Progressive Best

JohnnyWash1 said:

Jon

Progressive has best rates and service. I had someone hit my GT-S while it was parked. They also were with Progressive. They paid up right away.

I also used to write software that calculated Progressive's rates. They are the most technologically advanced insurance company. While all the other companies sent rate books with how to calculate the rates for various combinations of cars and drivers, Progressive sent a list of around 300 variables and formulas that you could type directly into your program to calculate the rates. At the small company I worked at we did comparative rating between various insurance companies on the web just like Progressive is known for now.

I was very impressed with Progressive. They way they did it there was no way that we could screw up on our quotes for them. I basically put it all in and then tested it with a bunch of test cases they provided. It worked great. They run a tight ship.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts