NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
looks like a legit SRI but like everyone says here get a different filter and heatsheild. But i would still ask around you might get a CEL bc the location of the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if I do then I'll just do the bb mod...I just wanted to know really if it has the right amount of couplers and nipples and stuff. The k&n sri has the maf in the same place and people say those dont throw codes so hoepfully I'll be good.

·
Celestial
534 Posts
looks like a replica of mines just painted red.

Your gonna need one more worm clamp from the looks of the picture. Two to hold the piping onto the manifold, and one more to hold the filter on the end of the tubing. And in the picture there are only two. The hose will be to big to fit. Use stock for better seal.

You can use the tube you have left over from stock airbox and cut it to fit nicely in the engine bay. Also use one of the weird clamps from the stock tubing also.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
actualy, thats the guy i got my sri from. the damn filter was 2.25 and the piping was like 2.5 or 2.75(it said that the filter was 2.75, just like this one). get a new filter and youll be good, i never did trust the generic filters like this one. pipe is good though, i never had any cels from the intake

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had that one. I had a CEL after I installed it, but that's because I didn't reset my ECU after I installed it. My piping and everything was good. You'd probably be good getting a different filter, and you will need one more clamp most likely. If I had some pics I'd post them

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats ok I live in florida...no one give a shizit if your screwing the environment up lol. The pics are at the link, and is there any particular filter that you guys recommend? besides the size difference whats bad about it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.