NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my steering wheel has been vibrating a lot since i had my 18's. usually when i reach 70-85 mph. So i finally decided to balance my wheels. Costo balanced all for of my wheels for only $16! $4 a wheel. And they did a pretty good job too. No more vibrations what-so-ever. Only downside is the 2-3 hour wait.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Are you talking about the San Leandro costco? Damn that's pretty good. I heard from a friend that they also do $16 good alignments too. Now I really need to go there since I'm having the same problems with my 17's.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the san leandro costco. The one at davis to be exact. Im not really sure if they do alignments, ill try to find out. But yeah, well, when the guy at the register told me the final price of just $20 which included a tire repair. i was like pretty suprised. I had 4 wheels balanced, and i also got one of the rear tires repaired because there was a nail in it making it leak. 4 bucks a piece. well i brought my rims from someone used, and it really made the steering wheel vibrate. so i got a balance, and it turned out to be really good. well, hope a balance will solve your problem too.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh by the way, usually its like a 2-3 hour wait. that is unless u come there really early in the morning like around 9:30. opens at 10. shouldnt be a long wait. if u cant make it that early, have someone go with u and then u can just leave your car their and pick it up later on in the day.

·
Registered
803 Posts
man i need to go to that costco. the costco near me (san mateo) won't even touch my 18's... they said the max toyota recommends is 17's..

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cftofu2k said:
man i need to go to that costco. the costco near me (san mateo) won't even touch my 18's... they said the max toyota recommends is 17's..
wow. thats weird. i never even asked what size my rims were. well, u might want to find another costo and go there instead. oh, and while u wait for the balance.....u can always go browsing around inside and get all of the free samples. eat enough, and u dont need to buy lunch....and maybe dinner..

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
oONoGoAutoOo said:

wow. thats weird. i never even asked what size my rims were. well, u might want to find another costo and go there instead. oh, and while u wait for the balance.....u can always go browsing around inside and get all of the free samples. eat enough, and u dont need to buy lunch....and maybe dinner..
Haha cheap....j/k I know everyone does that.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
**** I paid $6.99 a wheel to change the tires at sears.

And then they charge me an additional $14.99 to balance EACH ONE!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts