NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin to get my car tinted.. i know of a shop in Irvine that's owned by coolmike but its kinda far for me.

I'm looking for a place near Chatsworth, canoga park, etc area.. good reputable shop with decent prices.

thanks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
mike lu owns a tint shop?

are you talking about the one his buddy owns, thats in newport beach?

·
Registered
599 Posts
i need a tint shop in the valley too. my fiancee just bought a tc and she is looking for one. ara recommended a tint shop for me but it's all the way down at la puente....

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Originally posted by Chiznarles
I'm lookin to get my car tinted.. i know of a shop in Irvine that's owned by coolmike but its kinda far for me.
Woo hoo!! I own a tint shop :gap:
Just playing its my buddy's tint shop.
Yeah it is too far for you to drive just to get tint, just make sure you find a shop that guarantee their work and come with lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
600 Posts
There was a really good place by Ventura, and Reseda. They had a lifetime warranty, but they are no longer there. I guess it is the lifetime of their business, not your car. :gap:

·
Registered
190 Posts
good shop off roscoe and woodley its called solar control... lifetime warr. too

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Guys 1 recommandation...
Get the lifetime warranty from the manufacturer of their film not the company!! Alot of shops would offer this with through their own company and their work, but after a couple of years they shut down and there goes your warranty.
Or find a shop that has been around for a long time like my buddy's shop, so you would not be afraid of them jumping ship when you run into trouble.
With the lifetime from the manufacturer of the film you are better protected, if shop goes under you call the warranty number on the warranty paper to locate another shop that would provide service of the warranty. Ask the shop on their lifetime warranty is from the shop or from the film company, if it is from film company you want to see the paperwork (locate a warranty contact number of the manufacturer) that shows this before handing them the keys.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
k i'm gonna check out california tint.. i called them up and its $160 for all the tints and $180 for the titanium Solar guard on 5 windows. $20 more for the windshield banner.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Go for Solargard. They come with manufacturer lifetime warranty that works great. It is valid anywhere in the united states, just call them and they will find closest shop to ya to do warranty work.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Distintive. It's off Ventura. Lifetime warranty. Here's the number if ya need it. (818) 704-9252

·
Registered
0 Posts
cool2miketlu:

Could you provide me the details on your friend's shop?
I work in Irvine and need to get my two front windows tinted.
Are his prices good??

Please provide me all his contact info ... I will greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
what about the tint shop in Newport? I work there and i'm getting tinted soon. Price? Everywhere i checked said about $160.

·
Registered
9 Posts
what about the tint shop in Newport? I work there and i'm getting tinted soon. Price? Everywhere i checked said about $160.

·
Registered
0 Posts
$160 all-around tint??

I just need the two front windows tinted, as back window and rear panels came tinted from factory. How much you guys think that should cost me??

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Tint Connection (In Costa Mesa, near Newport Beach)
call to get directions (949)650-8468
for the 2 front roll up windows, it is $50 a pair.
$145 for all the way around (except windshield ofcourse)
$25 for a visor tint on top portion of windshield.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Know Im a little late on this thread... can anyone tell me how long the whole process takes... Im flying down there to pick up a Celica (former LA resident stranded in seattle now) and I want to get the front banner and roll up windows done... don't know if I'll have enough time while im there though :confused:

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
30~45 min for roll up windows, banner is another 30 min (if they have to cut from scratch). Whole thing would be 45 min if they have more than 1 guy working on ya car..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cool theres no like period of time after its done when you have to do anything special... like not roll down your windows?

Also... are the shops usually open friday nights....

And last... do you make an appt. for this type of thing or just kinda show up?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts