NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a year and a half of owning and modding the celi i've taken some thought and decided that i've outgrown it. my next car will be the new infiniti g35 when it comes out next spring. until then i still have a handful of parts to still install and enjoy for the next 6 months or so. it's been groovy learning from everyone here, especially bluebomber. hope y'all keep real and i'll still stop by on occasion to see how things are.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Originally posted by JJLJ
my next car will be the new infiniti g35 when it comes out next spring.
Mind enlightening us as to what the "new" g35 is all about? I wasn't aware the car was due for a revamp.. after all they just made some interior and exterior changed for 05'.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con
Mind enlightening us as to what the "new" g35 is all about? I wasn't aware the car was due for a revamp.. after all they just made some interior and exterior changed for 05'.
05 g35 is what he is talking about.

It has nismo suspension and 298 HP up from 280 stock. With Optional Nismo 19's.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:

ditto

·
Registered
74 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:

If the G35 will have 298 HP how much does the 350Z get?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Thats nice. It's nice ot see that all of these people can just go out and buy new cars on a whim. Wish I could do that, but wait, all of my cars are paid for so why the hell would I want to go out and waste another $35g's on another car when I have 2 perfectly good cars now. I outgrew my Celica a long time ago and was tired of it after the first year of owning it, but that doesn't mean I am just going to get rid of it and get another car. I have other things to start thinking about like a house, a career, etc. Some of you guys getting new cars left and right might want to take some of the things I mentioned above into consideration. A car is the worst investment you can make. Modding a car makes it even worse. Save your $$$$$$$$$ for something more important.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Originally posted by DopeCelicaGT
Thats nice. It's nice ot see that all of these people can just go out and buy new cars on a whim. Wish I could do that, but wait, all of my cars are paid for so why the hell would I want to go out and waste another $35g's on another car when I have 2 perfectly good cars now. I outgrew my Celica a long time ago and was tired of it after the first year of owning it, but that doesn't mean I am just going to get rid of it and get another car. I have other things to start thinking about like a house, a career, etc. Some of you guys getting new cars left and right might want to take some of the things I mentioned above into consideration. A car is the worst investment you can make. Modding a car makes it even worse. Save your $$$$$$$$$ for something more important.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by heltor2
If the G35 will have 298 HP how much does the 350Z get?

A car is only a bad investment if you do not plan on keeping it.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:

A car is only a bad investment if you do not plan on keeping it.
Exactly and since he is already selling his Celica after a year then I would say it is safe to assume that he will not keep this next car very long either.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Exactly and since he is already selling his Celica after a year then I would say it is safe to assume that he will not keep this next car very long either.
agreed... and yes ive gotten tired of my ccar after a year as well but im still hangin on to it... there will always be something bigger and better... sure i change my mind all the time on what i'd LIKE to get but... in the back of my head i know im stickin with the celi...

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, comrades, being almost 35 and newly single, a sort of mid-life epiphany hit me. the celi was a good car at the time but not what i truly wanted. new promotion and a wage increase has allowed me to move onto something more luxurious but still be sporty and japanese. i can afford the new car and still save for a home. so, no worries about wasting on a "poor" investment like a car. heck, even a sportbike and eventually a custom cruiser are on the agenda. life's too short to sell yourself short. grab life by the balls and do whatever helps you enjoy life to the fullest. =)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
i think a 35 y/o doesnt need life lessons from most of us

have fun with the car.

its one thing for highschoolers to say they've "outgrown" their celicas, but for grown men its something else

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I actually just traded in my celica today for an 04 G35 Coupe 6M...cant wait to take delivery.

Good choice but why wait on the 05's there are killer deals on the 04's.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Burrcold said:
I actually just traded in my celica today for an 04 G35 Coupe 6M...cant wait to take delivery.

Good choice but why wait on the 05's there are killer deals on the 04's.
true, but still financially recuperating from a nasty 5 year relationship. besides, i'm not in a rush to get rid of the celi. i still want to experience getting the dc header, hotchkis sways and tpr exhaust installed. who knows, in 6 months i may decide to get the g35 and keep the celi also. time will tell. i've learned you can't always plan for things in life. sometimes you get thrown a curve and you have to do your best to just get a base hit. lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts