NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Because Rotary
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who hates this, thinks it clutters up the page when I am trying to search, considers it useless in everyway, and can't figure out how to get it to go away??!!

It's driving me crazy! Someone please help :faint:

·
Because Rotary
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just use IE, but installed firefox, and it's still there!! Here look.

See where I outlined it with the black box. I hate it!

·
Because Rotary
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea It's built in now I think. I just was hoping someone new if there was a google setting or something :)

I guess I'm going to have to stop using google. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that lol. I hate the other Search engines though. Is Bing any good?

·
Because Rotary
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I just finished reloading 7 after I got my new ram about a month ago. I was reading, and they said some computers have it, and some don't or something. I think it is IP based, because I can take my laptop to school and it's not there, and I come home and that ***got sidebar is there and in the way!

·
Registered
224 Posts
HEHEh. I got that too. Even on a 19" is not really a big deal. Had not really looked at it till you pointed it out.

·
FananaNanaFoFenny
4,279 Posts
It's a sidebar, get over it. It provides more concise results, by letting you customize your search results. I've used it to find things in the news posted over a certain period of time... it's very useful.
Normally, I agree with minimalist, but they're making valid use of their real estate on screen.

·
Because Rotary
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a sidebar, get over it. It provides more concise results, by letting you customize your search results. I've used it to find things in the news posted over a certain period of time... it's very useful.
Normally, I agree with minimalist, but they're making valid use of their real estate on screen.
I disagree. I tried using it and it sucks. I'd rather just have my clean looking google back. If they made it actually useful and maybe the option to hide it, I think they would be onto something.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Open the Windows Start menu and select "Control Panel." Select "Add or Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" (depending on your version of Windows) to open the list of programs installed on your computer. This list could take a few minutes to populate.

Step 2Locate "Google Toolbar for IE" in the programs panel. Click to highlight "Google Toolbar for IE."

Step 3Select "Remove" and allow the Google uninstaller automatically remove the Google Tool Bar. Restart Internet Explorer after removing the toolbar.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Yea It's built in now I think. I just was hoping someone new if there was a google setting or something :)

I guess I'm going to have to stop using google. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that lol. I hate the other Search engines though. Is Bing any good?
I use Bing. It is ****ING STUPID! Do the same searches and you will find WAYYYY more relevant results on google. Bing, (a few times, not many) has even given me results at the top that weren't even related in ANY way.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
Yea, I use the tools it provides all the time to make searches that much more relevant. These guys are acting like it's some massive pop-up on googles site that is skull fvcking there monitor. "O no, google has more than 21 words on their homepage!!!!!" It's USEFUL! I really don't get it.

·
Un-Registered User
1,327 Posts
I've never seen that
download firefox
download greasemonkey
download adblock plus

enjoy intellitext/google/embedded ad free browsing.
:werd: Also download Adblock Plus: Element Hiding it works great, with it you can manually block anything you don't want to see. (e.g. The Titan, TWM, MonkeyWrench, ...etc images in the main forum selection menu)

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I just use IE, but installed firefox, and it's still there!! Here look.

See where I outlined it with the black box. I hate it!
Really? Good lord, Look at all the blank area on the right? How does this bar get in the way?

Some people just seem to not like to play nice in the sand box with others.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts