NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished 2nd to a Prelude with a 2.2 VTEC. Beat me by 9 hp. He had I/E I had I/E/Pulley.

Does anyone know how to defeat our traction control. I had some horrible 1/4 runs on the dyno due to the 2nd cams not engaging in 1st gear. I had to short shift it at 6700rpms to 2nd gear which puts me way out of the VVTLi range. The computer thought I was spinning first gear since I got through first so fast on the dyno. Anyone defeated this yet?

·
Registered
609 Posts
numbers?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got 149 on a portable Mustang Dyno. The operator said they are usually about 15% off what standard dynos that you find in a shop. So that would put me in at about 172-173 at the wheels on a standard unit. The Lude got a 158 for his best run.

Traction control limits us to the first cam in first gear if the ECu thinks we are spinning the tires which it thought I was doing since I went through first gear so fast. It completely screwed up my attempt at 1st place in the 1/4 mile competition.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
racinjason said:
Got 149 on a portable Mustang Dyno. The operator said they are usually about 15% off what standard dynos that you find in a shop. So that would put me in at about 172-173 at the wheels on a standard unit. The Lude got a 158 for his best run.

Traction control limits us to the first cam in first gear if the ECu thinks we are spinning the tires which it thought I was doing since I went through first gear so fast. It completely screwed up my attempt at 1st place in the 1/4 mile competition.
uh I thought that had to do with the car being warmed up?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
hm theres a way to keep it in the first cam by spinning. thers a video somewhere, a blue celica with kazuma and a APR wing is at a drag strip racing a neon. it does a big burnout all on the first cam (he has drag slicks). how he did it, i dont know.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Its not actually traction control, its a load based thing. If it senses an insuffcient amount of load it doesn't turn lift on sometimes. Unfortunately I have no idea how you would get around it.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wanted it to go to the second cam at 6k but it wouldn't do it. The rollers on the dyno didn't provide enough resistance making the ECU think I was spinning through first. Thus I would have been able to keep in lift by powershifting 2nd and got a more realistic 1/4 time. Wasn't a big deal but would be nice to know if I get on one of these at another show.

·
Registered
497 Posts
How are those dyno's done?! I am used to slowly starting in 1st, taking it easy to 4th gear..then at 3500rpm's flooring it.

I always thought it was rather dangerous to go through the gears hard on a dyno???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts