NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it finally happened, I was driving on the 210 going home, no traffic, nice evening, I look around me and think, damn I'm a perfect PCH target right now....and what do you know suddenly there's the flashing light behind me.

I pulled over the guy looked in my car and gave me a ticket saying I drove 88 mph, which I know I didn't. I went about 79 and there's no way that guy paced me because he came way from the back.....

F&*K!

good thing is that he didn't ask me what I got under the hood but now I'm in the system and I know anything over 80 goes straight on your record, no traffic school no nothing.

This is only my second speeding ticket in 19 years of driving the first was about 7 years ago being overly happy because a stripper at a stripclub surprisingly gave me a bj just because she liked me....no extra charge...(felt I had to throw this one in, lol)

I have to find out if I can fight this or not. I did admit I was speeding but no where near what the guy wrote down.

·
Registered
659 Posts
mrtomcat said:

good thing is that he didn't ask me what I got under the hood but now I'm in the system and I know anything over 80 goes straight on your record, no traffic school no nothing.

since when was this rule in effect? i've never heard of it before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No tickets go to your record no matter how fast your going you can take the points off or go to a drving school my brother has gotten about 15-20 tickets he is only 24.

·
Registered
272 Posts
GT-S Gio21 said:
No tickets go to your record no matter how fast your going you can take the points off or go to a drving school my brother has gotten about 15-20 tickets he is only 24.
i find that shocking

and your theory hard to believe

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by modenaplz
since when was this rule in effect? i've never heard of it before.
that's what the judge told me the last speeding ticket which was for exaclty 80 mph, no traffic school and it's a point on your record.
That was 7 years ago, maybe it's not that bad anymore...I certainly hope so

·
Registered
659 Posts
mrtomcat said:
that's what the judge told me the last speeding ticket which was for exaclty 80 mph, no traffic school and it's a point on your record.
That was 7 years ago, maybe it's not that bad anymore...I certainly hope so
no way, that guy is full of BS. i've only been driving since 00 and i've went to traffic school for two speeding tickets. one for 50 in a 40 and one for 90 in a 65. no pts on record from those tickets. all my friends have gone to school for their speeding tickets--my mom also. i think your judge was that penis-pump-using guy :thumbup:

EDIT: oh wait, it's late and i'm being stupid. i didn't realize that things may've been different back then :monkey:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Actually you can do more...there is a special vehicle code that you can cite in court that the judge has discretion over whether he lets you take traffic school again, except this time its a longer class. I will get you the VC...and just be nice to the judge or do a trial by written dec and give em your scenario, and add in there that if they find you guilty to please allow you to take T.S. as per VC BLAH BLAH BLAH code. I will find it tonight.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is there a site where I can type in the violation code and find out what the official penalty is?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by AbSoluteREd03
Actually you can do more...there is a special vehicle code that you can cite in court that the judge has discretion over whether he lets you take traffic school again, except this time its a longer class. I will get you the VC...and just be nice to the judge or do a trial by written dec and give em your scenario, and add in there that if they find you guilty to please allow you to take T.S. as per VC BLAH BLAH BLAH code. I will find it tonight.
I said that = )

Plus...its worked 3 times for me already.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just got puled over doing last night doing 80+(thats what he wrote on tiket) on a 45. It was at night so i was going about 60 to 65 on an Big street so i pass thrugh a a small srteet and then i see the flashing lights. I know he was bs wen he wrote 80+. He dint pace me or Get me on the radar gun if it maters.(the tiket says aprosimately)

Need Some help here. How can i fight this tiket? How can i do trafic school even thogh it hasent been 18 months since my last tiket?

Please help?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Originally posted by Red_Gt-s_Cali
I just got puled over doing last night doing 80+(thats what he wrote on tiket) on a 45. It was at night so i was going about 65 to 70 on an Big street so i pass thrugh a a small srteet and then i see the flashing lights. I know he was bs wen he wrote 80+. He dint pace me or Get me on the radar gun if it maters.(the tiket says aprosimately)

Need Some help here. How can i fight this tiket? How can i do trafic school even thogh it hasent been 18 months since my last tiket?

Please help?

You already posted this in GD. Stop double posting.

·
Registered
63 Posts
41501 The court may order a continuance of a proceeding against a person, who receives a notice to appear in court for a violation of any statute relating to the safe operation of a vehicle, in consideration for attendance at a licensed school for traffic
violators, a licensed driving school, or any other court-approved
program of driving instruction, and, after that attendance, the court may dismiss the complaint under the following conditions:
(a) If the offense is alleged to have been committed within 12
months of another offense that was dismissed under this section, the court may order the continuance and, after the attendance, dismiss the complaint. The court may order attendance at a licensed school for traffic violators that offers a program of at least 12 hours of instruction.

So...cite this vehicle code...and you just might get another chance = )

41501(B)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Don't count on the chance happening. Many courts have gotten smart now that many are using the TA to fight their cases. If you look at most courtesy notices these days (in person and trial de novos), the court specifically tells the defendant that continuance will NOT be granted. The key word in the VC above is may.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I dont know about you...but I think may have a chance is better than not taking a chance at all, and just bending over for the justice system.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Originally posted by AbSoluteREd03
I dont know about you...but I think may have a chance is better than not taking a chance at all, and just bending over for the justice system.

Well, if you ever have the unfortunate chance of getting a ticket, take a look at the courtesy notices. When I fought one of my speeding tickets back in 2003, the trial de novo notice specifically stated that any request for continuance would not be granted.

The traffic court system is not stupid. They know why defendants request continuances, and it isn't for needing extra time to prepare...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts